John Kingscott

Windows XP SP1
ASUS board

Sound blaster live! 1024

The sound card used to work under win 98 fine - but the latest drivers
refuse to find the card - saying I do not have one installed - but the
original drivers were fine.
Under XP I get no sound at all even with the old drivers and the mute sign
flashed briefly (no longing doing that). All appears to be fine - no
conflicts in device manager, only one relating to Video Controller (VGA
Compatible).
Latest creative drivers still don't see the card, as does LiveDrvUni-pack
for XP.

Where now?

John Kingscott

btw my driver details: 5.1.2535.0

"John Kingscott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yNHrb.1659$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP SP1
> ASUS board
>

> Sound blaster live! 1024
>

> The sound card used to work under win 98 fine - but the latest drivers
> refuse to find the card - saying I do not have one installed - but the
> original drivers were fine.
> Under XP I get no sound at all even with the old drivers and the mute sign
> flashed briefly (no longing doing that). All appears to be fine - no
> conflicts in device manager, only one relating to Video Controller (VGA
> Compatible).
> Latest creative drivers still don't see the card, as does LiveDrvUni-pack
> for XP.
>
> Where now?

j.van.der.plas

I believe there was a patch for this something like livedrvpatch.exe
Further more lots of pps complain about the Life under XP
"John Kingscott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yNHrb.1659$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP SP1
> ASUS board
>

> Sound blaster live! 1024
>

> The sound card used to work under win 98 fine - but the latest drivers
> refuse to find the card - saying I do not have one installed - but the
> original drivers were fine.
> Under XP I get no sound at all even with the old drivers and the mute sign
> flashed briefly (no longing doing that). All appears to be fine - no
> conflicts in device manager, only one relating to Video Controller (VGA
> Compatible).
> Latest creative drivers still don't see the card, as does LiveDrvUni-pack
> for XP.
>
> Where now?

j.van.der.plas

You have an CT4830?