No SPD info display on Slot 1 (Slot A) ?

kimiraikkonen

For Toshiba S1800-100, if i insert my default 12MB PC100 SD-RAM memory
to SLOT 1, i can't see anything in CPU-Z's(recognition software-famous)
SPD tab. Only "Toshiba Unique" and 128MB appears.

But if i insert the memory to SLOT 2, i can see everything like CAS-RAS
timings, part number, manufacturer and etc... in "SPD" tab. Why are
these 2 slots behave different for reading SPD chips?

Why can't i read SPD info if i insert memory to Slot 1?

Similiar link to this issue:
http://www.lavalys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1844

Note: Everest Home Edition is cannot read SPD info even my memory is in
Slot 1 or 2.

Thank you.

Quaoar

kimiraikkonen wrote:
> For Toshiba S1800-100, if i insert my default 12MB PC100 SD-RAM memory
> to SLOT 1, i can't see anything in CPU-Z's(recognition software-famous)
> SPD tab. Only "Toshiba Unique" and 128MB appears.
>
> But if i insert the memory to SLOT 2, i can see everything like CAS-RAS
> timings, part number, manufacturer and etc... in "SPD" tab. Why are
> these 2 slots behave different for reading SPD chips?
>
> Why can't i read SPD info if i insert memory to Slot 1?
>
> Similiar link to this issue:
> http://www.lavalys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1844
>
> Note: Everest Home Edition is cannot read SPD info even my memory is in
> Slot 1 or 2.
>
> Thank you.

SPD info is at the election of the mainboard designer. Solution: place
all RAM into Slot 2 before placing into Slot 1. What happens if you put
say, Crucial 128MB into slot 1?

kimiraikkonen

If i place default memory (128MB to slot 2), SPD can be read! But it
cannot be read on Slot 1

P5GPL AND RAM SET TO SPD John Asus 0 12-13-2005 10:49 AM
Is It Micron Technology Memory or? The Hunt for SPD Data? W. Watson Asus 4 12-12-2004 01:52 AM
SPD Question Frank Abit 1 07-19-2003 11:16 PM
Re: .pdf processor spd on epox site Dave Epox 0 07-16-2003 05:10 AM
Re: .pdf processor spd on epox site Norbert Epox 0 07-15-2003 04:29 PM