No standby with RT.X10

Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

Hi,

My PC refuses to go into standby. It complains that "The device driver for
the 'Matrox MiniVFX' device is preventing the machine from entering standby.
Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you
may need to update this driver."

Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to enable standby on my PC
without having to uninstall the RT.X10 drivers? Here are my specs:

Windows XP Pro SP1
Adobe Premiere Pro
Matrox RT.X10 video editing card
Matrox P750 video card with 2 monitors attached
Matrox Xtools 5078
Pentium 4 2.8GHz with HT
2GB DDR SDRAM

I've tried disabling the MiniVFX driver but with no luck.

Thanks,
Jack

Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

Hi again,

Damn Matrox. Apparently they "don't support power saving". Well done
Matrox. You sloppy engineering has increased the world's total power
consumption.

http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx1...=000056#000000
http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx1...=000018#000000
http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx1...=000026#000000
http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx1...=000003#000001

It seems it might be possible to setup a new hardware profile that excludes
the Matrox driver. Then chose on startup.

I'll give it a go and get back to you.

Jack

"Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ca6n2l$1gbu$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> My PC refuses to go into standby. It complains that "The device driver

for
> the 'Matrox MiniVFX' device is preventing the machine from entering

standby.
> Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you
> may need to update this driver."
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to enable standby on my PC
> without having to uninstall the RT.X10 drivers? Here are my specs:
>
> Windows XP Pro SP1
> Adobe Premiere Pro
> Matrox RT.X10 video editing card
> Matrox P750 video card with 2 monitors attached
> Matrox Xtools 5078
> Pentium 4 2.8GHz with HT
> 2GB DDR SDRAM
>
> I've tried disabling the MiniVFX driver but with no luck.
>
> Thanks,
> Jack

Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

I've now got two hardware profiles. Both profiles are identical except one
has all the Matrox Video drivers disabled. I can now go into standby in
this hardware profile.

Does anyone have a more elegant solution?

Many thanks,
Jack

"Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ca6o69$1rdq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi again,
>
> Damn Matrox. Apparently they "don't support power saving". Well done
> Matrox. You sloppy engineering has increased the world's total power
> consumption.

http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx1...=000056#000000

http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx1...=000018#000000

http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx1...=000026#000000

http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx1...=000003#000001

> It seems it might be possible to setup a new hardware profile that

excludes
> the Matrox driver. Then chose on startup.
>
> I'll give it a go and get back to you.
>
> Jack
>

> "Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> news:ca6n2l$1gbu$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > My PC refuses to go into standby. It complains that "The device driver

> for
> > the 'Matrox MiniVFX' device is preventing the machine from entering

> standby.
> > Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists,

you
> > may need to update this driver."
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to enable standby on my

PC
> > without having to uninstall the RT.X10 drivers? Here are my specs:
> >
> > Windows XP Pro SP1
> > Adobe Premiere Pro
> > Matrox RT.X10 video editing card
> > Matrox P750 video card with 2 monitors attached
> > Matrox Xtools 5078
> > Pentium 4 2.8GHz with HT
> > 2GB DDR SDRAM
> >
> > I've tried disabling the MiniVFX driver but with no luck.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jack

Rolf Fack

Hi Daniel,

try out the latest version of the Matrox XTools (afaik 6122)

Greetings from Switzerland, Rolf

--
Rolf Fack
2. Stellvertretender Vorsitzender TEAM StarOffice e.V.