athena

I have a DELL Latitude X300. Suddenly the function of all usb port
stopped, including the cd. I have full access to wireless interne
only.
Any ideas to fix it

Roger Mills

On 30/03/2011 10:50, athena wrote:
> I have a DELL Latitude X300. Suddenly the function of all usb ports
> stopped, including the cd. I have full access to wireless internet
> only.
> Any ideas to fix it?

Have you tried re-booting it?

What OS are you running? What anti-virus software?
--
Cheers,
Roger

athena

Windows xp pro serice pack 3
Avast antivirus

Yes, I have tried many times rebooting, as well as system restore (thi
operation is not working as well)

Roger Mills;1280828 Wrote:
> On 30/03/2011 10:50, athena wrote:
> > I have a DELL Latitude X300. Suddenly the function of all usb ports
> > stopped, including the cd. I have full access to wireless internet
> > only.
> > Any ideas to fix it?
> >

> Have you tried re-booting it?
>
> What OS are you running? What anti-virus software?
> --
> Cheers,
> Roger
> ____________
> Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldo
>
> checked

Roger Mills

On 01/04/2011 20:58, athena wrote:
> Windows xp pro serice pack 3
> Avast antivirus
>
> Yes, I have tried many times rebooting, as well as system restore (this
> operation is not working as well)
>

> Roger Mills;1280828 Wrote:
>> On 30/03/2011 10:50, athena wrote:
>>> I have a DELL Latitude X300. Suddenly the function of all usb ports
>>> stopped, including the cd. I have full access to wireless internet
>>> only.
>>> Any ideas to fix it?
>>>

>> Have you tried re-booting it?
>>
>> What OS are you running? What anti-virus software?
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Roger
>> ____________
>> Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldom
>>
>> checked.

Have you looked in Device manager at the status of the USB ports? Can it
find any? Does it say they're operating normally? (or does it show a
yellow question mark, indicating a problem?)
--
Cheers,
Roger

athena

Yes. The Device manager reports that all ports are fine. Could it be
memory overload problem? It started when it was left decked for 2 days
it seems like it never came out of the stand-by operation concernin
usb.

cheers