Northbridge Fan for KT7A RAID V1.3?

knowone@knowhere.invalid

The northbridge fan on my KT7A RAID V1.3 mobo is not working
very well. It was stopped completely, but I oiled it and it
at least spins now, but it speeds up and slows down and is
noisier than I like, so I'd like to replace it.

It attaches to the heatsink with four screws. Does anyone
know of a place that sells one that will fit in its place?

I'd prefer just to replace the fan and keep the heatsink, if
possible.

Wes Newell

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:11:56 +0000, knowone wrote:

> The northbridge fan on my KT7A RAID V1.3 mobo is not working
> very well. It was stopped completely, but I oiled it and it
> at least spins now, but it speeds up and slows down and is
> noisier than I like, so I'd like to replace it.

Just take it off. It doesn't need a fan. If you're worried about it, get a
larger passive HS, or a 40mm fan of your choice.

http://www.nexfan.com/40mmfans1.html

Dylan C

(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:
> The northbridge fan on my KT7A RAID V1.3 mobo is not working
> very well. It was stopped completely, but I oiled it and it
> at least spins now, but it speeds up and slows down and is
> noisier than I like, so I'd like to replace it.
>
> It attaches to the heatsink with four screws. Does anyone
> know of a place that sells one that will fit in its place?
>
> I'd prefer just to replace the fan and keep the heatsink, if
> possible.

I ran mine without a fan for years....you should be fine doing the same.

-Dylan C

KG7 RAID No sound and noisy northbridge fan 0_Qed Abit 8 11-23-2004 08:57 PM
KT7A-RAID: non RAID disk on RAID port Oodini Abit 6 08-23-2004 11:52 AM
updating kt7a to kt7a-raid erikę Abit 1 11-27-2003 07:29 PM
Anyone running 8K9A3+ without the Northbridge fan (i.e. having passive vooling on the northbridge) Taba Epox 2 09-06-2003 07:12 PM
Re: KG7-Raid NorthBridge Cooling Fan Greg Abit 4 08-22-2003 08:06 AM