Noteboko Bios Update only with Vista?

Knut Krueger

Hi to all,
the HP support ask me to do a complete Vista Recovery to get the BIOS
Update for an Pavilion DX6000 working.
The original problem was a not working wireless adapter, so they asked
me to do a bios update.
This would be the first PC since 20 years where I need a installed
working operating system for the BIOS Update

Maybe this is the right group

REgards Knut

Robert Miles

"Knut Krueger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g9rh7j$kr3$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hi to all,
> the HP support ask me to do a complete Vista Recovery to get the BIOS
> Update for an Pavilion DX6000 working.
> The original problem was a not working wireless adapter, so they asked me
> to do a bios update.
> This would be the first PC since 20 years where I need a installed working
> operating system for the BIOS Update
>
> Maybe this is the right group
>
> REgards Knut

..
They asked me to do a complete Vista recovery when the PC Health
program they included wouldn't run; it kept saying it wasn't installed.
Eventually I got it to say that it was installed, but it still wouldn't
complete
any attempts to run it.

Enough of the software on my Compaq Presario PC would run that
I was able to complete a BIOS update.

Knut Krueger

>> REgards Knut

> .
> They asked me to do a complete Vista recovery when the PC Health
> program they included wouldn't run; it kept saying it wasn't installed.
> Eventually I got it to say that it was installed, but it still wouldn't
> complete
> any attempts to run it.
>
> Enough of the software on my Compaq Presario PC would run that
> I was able to complete a BIOS update.

I did some further checks, there is a hardware error:
Network device, Wireless card, HD, seems that the motherboard is broken

Thank`s Knut