Notebook Overheating Solution

Dan Parker

Hi,

I am writing to document a solution to notebook overheating.

Symptoms: The system protocols exhibited no error entries, and the
region of the processor exhibited extreme heat. Placing a cooling pad
on the area of the housing next to the processor extended the
crash-free time of the notebook.

Solution: After opening the notebook, I found that there was no way
to access the cooling channel. I used a standard vacuum cleaner and
held it to the hot air outlet. This sucked all dust blocking the
passage of air from the cooling channel. Since then, the notebook is
working without heat-related crashes.

Take care,

Dan Parker