Notebook Sound Update

Scott

I called GW tech support because my new 400 SP Plus
notebook won't play any sound when booting up or shutting
down. All sounds work under Control Panel/Sounds and
when playing CD's, DVD's. etc. GW had me reload the
sound card drivers, with no change. They suggested going
back to the original "restore" point, which I did...and the
startup/shutdown sounds started working again, but I didn't
want to leave it there. The only programs I've added are
Email Notify, SMC Wireless PC card, Netscape 4.8 and
Tweak UI (Powertools for XP).

Any ideas as to what killed the sounds?

Thanks!
Scott

Scott

Is there any kind of batch file that could play a sound as
the system boots to the desktop?

Scott