Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Number of messages

 
 
SC Tom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Is it just my ISP, or have almost all of the posts here disappeared?
Including this one, I'm only seeing 18 messages.
--
SC Tom

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Frank
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2010, 06:09 PM
On 7/29/2010 1:29 PM, SC Tom wrote:
> Is it just my ISP, or have almost all of the posts here disappeared?
> Including this one, I'm only seeing 18 messages.


Not a lot of activity here. I was glad to see a recent flurry. 18
posts probably covers the last 2 months.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
SC Tom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2010, 06:12 PM

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i2sg5i$rm5$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> On 7/29/2010 1:29 PM, SC Tom wrote:
>> Is it just my ISP, or have almost all of the posts here disappeared?
>> Including this one, I'm only seeing 18 messages.

>
> Not a lot of activity here. I was glad to see a recent flurry. 18 posts
> probably covers the last 2 months.


Just over a month- oldest post is 6/20/2010.

 
Reply With Quote
 
BillW50
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2010, 06:12 PM
On 7/29/2010 12:29 PM, SC Tom wrote:
> Is it just my ISP, or have almost all of the posts here disappeared?
> Including this one, I'm only seeing 18 messages.


I got 224 here since September 16, 2009.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2
 
Reply With Quote
 
BillW50
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2010, 06:34 PM
On 7/29/2010 1:12 PM, BillW50 wrote:
> On 7/29/2010 12:29 PM, SC Tom wrote:
>> Is it just my ISP, or have almost all of the posts here disappeared?
>> Including this one, I'm only seeing 18 messages.

>
> I got 224 here since September 16, 2009.
>


Another server here I got 891 posts since June 11, 2008.

news://textnews.news.cambrium.nl

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2
 
Reply With Quote
 
BillW50
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2010, 06:37 PM
On 7/29/2010 1:12 PM, BillW50 wrote:
> On 7/29/2010 12:29 PM, SC Tom wrote:
>> Is it just my ISP, or have almost all of the posts here disappeared?
>> Including this one, I'm only seeing 18 messages.

>
> I got 224 here since September 16, 2009.
>


Another server here I got 891 posts since June 11, 2008.

news://textnews.news.cambrium.nl

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2
 
Reply With Quote
 
Frank
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2010, 07:01 PM
On 7/29/2010 2:12 PM, SC Tom wrote:
>
> "Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:i2sg5i$rm5$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> On 7/29/2010 1:29 PM, SC Tom wrote:
>>> Is it just my ISP, or have almost all of the posts here disappeared?
>>> Including this one, I'm only seeing 18 messages.

>>
>> Not a lot of activity here. I was glad to see a recent flurry. 18
>> posts probably covers the last 2 months.

>
> Just over a month- oldest post is 6/20/2010.
>

Maybe how you access your news. Could be newsreader, isp or news feed.
Before 6/20, previous post I see was in April.
 
Reply With Quote
 
SC Tom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2010, 08:15 PM

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i2sj6q$9rf$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> On 7/29/2010 2:12 PM, SC Tom wrote:
>>
>> "Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:i2sg5i$rm5$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>> On 7/29/2010 1:29 PM, SC Tom wrote:
>>>> Is it just my ISP, or have almost all of the posts here disappeared?
>>>> Including this one, I'm only seeing 18 messages.
>>>
>>> Not a lot of activity here. I was glad to see a recent flurry. 18
>>> posts probably covers the last 2 months.

>>
>> Just over a month- oldest post is 6/20/2010.
>>

> Maybe how you access your news. Could be newsreader, isp or news feed.
> Before 6/20, previous post I see was in April.


Before today, I had well over a thousand posts showing. First thing this
morning, only a hundred or so, and now just the few.
--
SC Tom

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ken Whiton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2010, 08:34 AM
*-* On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, at 16:15:28 -0400,
*-* In Article <wjl4o.46327$(E-Mail Removed)>,
*-* SC Tom wrote
*-* About Re: Number of messages

> "Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:i2sj6q$9rf$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> On 7/29/2010 2:12 PM, SC Tom wrote:


>>> "Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:i2sg5i$rm5$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>>> On 7/29/2010 1:29 PM, SC Tom wrote:
>>>>> Is it just my ISP, or have almost all of the posts here
>>>>> disappeared? Including this one, I'm only seeing 18 messages.


>>>> Not a lot of activity here. I was glad to see a recent flurry. 18
>>>> posts probably covers the last 2 months.


>>> Just over a month- oldest post is 6/20/2010.


>> Maybe how you access your news. Could be newsreader, isp or news
>> feed. Before 6/20, previous post I see was in April.


> Before today, I had well over a thousand posts showing. First thing
> this morning, only a hundred or so, and now just the few.


It's probably something with either your news server or your
newsreader. On Newsguy I'm seeing 3,779 posts (This will be 3,780.)
dating back to May, 2005.

Ken Whiton
--
FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: (E-Mail Removed) (remove the obvious to reply)
 
Reply With Quote
 
chicagofan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Ken Whiton wrote:
> *-* On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, at 16:15:28 -0400,
> *-* In Article<wjl4o.46327$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> *-* SC Tom wrote
> *-* About Re: Number of messages
>
>
>> "Frank"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:i2sj6q$9rf$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>
>>> On 7/29/2010 2:12 PM, SC Tom wrote:
>>>
>>>> "Frank"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>>>
>>>>> On 7/29/2010 1:29 PM, SC Tom wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Is it just my ISP, or have almost all of the posts here
>>>>>> disappeared? Including this one, I'm only seeing 18 messages.
>>>>>>
>>>>> Not a lot of activity here. I was glad to see a recent flurry. 18
>>>>> posts probably covers the last 2 months.
>>>>>
>>>> Just over a month- oldest post is 6/20/2010.
>>>>
>>> Maybe how you access your news. Could be newsreader, isp or news
>>> feed. Before 6/20, previous post I see was in April.
>>>

>> Before today, I had well over a thousand posts showing. First thing
>> this morning, only a hundred or so, and now just the few.
>>

> It's probably something with either your news server or your
> newsreader. On Newsguy I'm seeing 3,779 posts (This will be 3,780.)
> dating back to May, 2005.
>
> Ken Whiton
>



I have 2288 dating back to February 2007....

I agree the lack of activity is a good indication of satisfied
customers... plus fewer people come to usenet now, and use other forums. :\
bj


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Number of Stars in the Universe vs. Number of Atoms in Human Body? diggerdo Embedded 1 03-02-2006 07:21 AM
HELP with telephone number for RMA request instead of the merry-go-round regular number. MUCH APPRECIATED!!! Roscoe Pendoscoe Nvidia 6 07-14-2004 08:08 PM
Can I get a recovey number w/o serial number? Dr John Compaq 8 04-27-2004 11:00 AM
Re: THOSE ANNOYING POP UP MESSAGES. Skid Abit 2 09-15-2003 09:59 PM
OT: Outlook messages Jerry Polyak Abit 6 07-30-2003 04:14 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment