Nvidia Control Panel

Me

I'm just curious what everyone's opinion of it is, of course only if you've
actually used it.
I just installed the beta drivers today, and with the exception of the
Installer acting a little on the ghey side, its going ok so far.

My list is just what i've observed so far
Cons: Installer froze on me 1/2 way thru the driver install.
Then after installing it still wasn't installed and had to install a 3rd
time to get it to work.

Pros: App profiles actually seem to work so far, updated game list for them.

Thats the biggest one for me, After having an ATi for over a year i got used
to ATi Tray Tools and its app profiles and when i moved back over to nvidia
i found the one in display
properties lacking alot.

I have Atuner which is similar to tray tools but it doesnt afford me the
option to add a command line argument to its shortcuts.

I use an Auto-Login command for Battlefield 2, and with Atuner i couldn't.
NCP lets me use my original Shortcut for the game so i can auto login and
use different settings without having to change it manually everytime i play
a different game

Anyway i'd like to see what other ppl think, and if anyone else has games
that require different settings

Cliff

DRS

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ij8gg.33965$(E-Mail Removed). net
> I'm just curious what everyone's opinion of it is, of course only if
> you've actually used it.

The new control panel takes a little getting used to. I like the way
functionality is now grouped rather than having everything clumped together.
But one thing that seems to be missing are the refresh rate overrides. I
used those with the old control panel.

There's a definite bug in the program settings section. Although it seems
to keep the app settings you've configured it doesn't show them properly the
next time you start the new control panel up. For example, I've configured
Combat Flight Simulator 3 to run with Image Quality set to Performance and
with anisotropic filtering set to 8x but if I restart the control panel the
settings look like they've reverted to the global settings.

If you have the new Ntune 5 beta that apparently also appears in the new
control panel. Does anyone know if it's compatible with Force4-SLI or is it
only for Force5?