NVIDIA nForce4 SLi mobo

Edward Diener No Spam

I am trying to pick out an NVIDIA nForce4 SLi mobo, among various different mobo
manufacturers, for my next computer and am wondering if any users have either of
the Epox NVIDIA nForce4 SLi mobos and what they think of their mobo. Also what
is the difference between the EP-9NPAJ+SLI and the EP-9NPA+SLI other than the
price ? I see that the latter has Firewire where the former does not. Is there
any other difference ?

DaveL

Oops. Looks like Epox does not have the comparison chart for socket 939.
But the difference looks like EP-9NPA+SLI comes with two extra sata jacks
and firewire.

DaveL

"Edward Diener No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:z5xNe.308$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...

DaveL wrote:
> Oops. Looks like Epox does not have the comparison chart for socket
> 939. But the difference looks like EP-9NPA+SLI comes with two extra sata
> jacks and firewire.

Do you have user experience with either one ? I am looking for a reliable mobo
which will be useful for the near future, and also a company which supports
their product. My first home-built computer was with an Abit Socket A mobo and,
while it was a decent board with good flexibility, I have found Abit to be a
poor supporter of their customers, although the user base is very helpful. How
does Epox compare in this respect ?

> DaveL
>

> "Edward Diener No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:z5xNe.308$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
>
>> I am trying to pick out an NVIDIA nForce4 SLi mobo, among various
>> different mobo manufacturers, for my next computer and am wondering if
>> any users have either of the Epox NVIDIA nForce4 SLi mobos and what
>> they think of their mobo. Also what is the difference between the
>> EP-9NPAJ+SLI and the EP-9NPA+SLI other than the price ? I see that the
>> latter has Firewire where the former does not. Is there any other
>> difference ?

DaveL

I currently have two Epox 8RDA+ systems and they have always been flawless
in operation. I have also built three systems for people using the Epox
Nforce3 board called 8KDA3J. All boards are awesome. I also have
experience with building systems Asus, MSI, Abit, Biostar, Aopen and some
others I can't remember. I think Epox is the best. Asus and Abit are good
too but cost more and usually don't have the exact feature set I want. MSI
are quirky, Biostar is cheap junk and Aopen can't seem to write a decent
bios.

DaveL

"Edward Diener No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:4rJNe.7079$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> DaveL wrote:
>> Oops. Looks like Epox does not have the comparison chart for socket 939.
>> But the difference looks like EP-9NPA+SLI comes with two extra sata jacks
>> and firewire.

> Do you have user experience with either one ? I am looking for a reliable
> mobo which will be useful for the near future, and also a company which
> supports their product. My first home-built computer was with an Abit
> Socket A mobo and, while it was a decent board with good flexibility, I
> have found Abit to be a poor supporter of their customers, although the
> user base is very helpful. How does Epox compare in this respect ?
>

>> DaveL
>>

>> "Edward Diener No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:z5xNe.308$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
>>
>>> I am trying to pick out an NVIDIA nForce4 SLi mobo, among various
>>> different mobo manufacturers, for my next computer and am wondering if
>>> any users have either of the Epox NVIDIA nForce4 SLi mobos and what they
>>> think of their mobo. Also what is the difference between the
>>> EP-9NPAJ+SLI and the EP-9NPA+SLI other than the price ? I see that the
>>> latter has Firewire where the former does not. Is there any other
>>> difference ?

Edward Diener No Spam

DaveL wrote:
> I currently have two Epox 8RDA+ systems and they have always been
> flawless in operation. I have also built three systems for people using
> the Epox Nforce3 board called 8KDA3J. All boards are awesome. I also
> have experience with building systems Asus, MSI, Abit, Biostar, Aopen
> and some others I can't remember. I think Epox is the best. Asus and
> Abit are good too but cost more and usually don't have the exact feature
> set I want. MSI are quirky, Biostar is cheap junk and Aopen can't seem
> to write a decent bios.

Thanks for the good comments about Epox. I will take the fewer posts on this NG
than other mobo company's NGs as a sign that Epox users have less problems than
others, and that Epox is a supportive company.

> DaveL
>

> "Edward Diener No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:4rJNe.7079$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>
>> DaveL wrote:
>>
>>> Oops. Looks like Epox does not have the comparison chart for socket
>>> 939. But the difference looks like EP-9NPA+SLI comes with two extra
>>> sata jacks and firewire.

>> Do you have user experience with either one ? I am looking for a
>> reliable mobo which will be useful for the near future, and also a
>> company which supports their product. My first home-built computer was
>> with an Abit Socket A mobo and, while it was a decent board with good
>> flexibility, I have found Abit to be a poor supporter of their
>> customers, although the user base is very helpful. How does Epox
>> compare in this respect ?
>>

>>> DaveL
>>>

>>> "Edward Diener No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>> in message news:z5xNe.308$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...

Margaret Wilson

I have experience with all the boards you mention (except AOpen), and all I
can say is you nailed each one of those manufacturers! :-) Epox is simply
fantastic.

Regards,

Margaret

"DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I currently have two Epox 8RDA+ systems and they have always been flawless
>in operation. I have also built three systems for people using the Epox
>Nforce3 board called 8KDA3J. All boards are awesome. I also have
>experience with building systems Asus, MSI, Abit, Biostar, Aopen and some
>others I can't remember. I think Epox is the best. Asus and Abit are good
>too but cost more and usually don't have the exact feature set I want. MSI
>are quirky, Biostar is cheap junk and Aopen can't seem to write a decent
>bios.
>
> DaveL
>

> "Edward Diener No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:4rJNe.7079$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>> DaveL wrote:
>>> Oops. Looks like Epox does not have the comparison chart for socket
>>> 939. But the difference looks like EP-9NPA+SLI comes with two extra sata
>>> jacks and firewire.

>> Do you have user experience with either one ? I am looking for a reliable
>> mobo which will be useful for the near future, and also a company which
>> supports their product. My first home-built computer was with an Abit
>> Socket A mobo and, while it was a decent board with good flexibility, I
>> have found Abit to be a poor supporter of their customers, although the
>> user base is very helpful. How does Epox compare in this respect ?
>>

>>> DaveL
>>>

>>> "Edward Diener No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:z5xNe.308$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...

Adolph Weidanz

Edward Diener No Spam wrote:
> DaveL wrote:
>> I currently have two Epox 8RDA+ systems and they have always been
>> flawless in operation. I have also built three systems for people using
>> the Epox Nforce3 board called 8KDA3J. All boards are awesome. I also
>> have experience with building systems Asus, MSI, Abit, Biostar, Aopen
>> and some others I can't remember. I think Epox is the best. Asus and
>> Abit are good too but cost more and usually don't have the exact feature
>> set I want. MSI are quirky, Biostar is cheap junk and Aopen can't seem
>> to write a decent bios.

> Thanks for the good comments about Epox. I will take the fewer posts on this NG
> than other mobo company's NGs as a sign that Epox users have less problems than
> others, and that Epox is a supportive company.
>
>> DaveL
>>

>> "Edward Diener No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:4rJNe.7079$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...

>>> Do you have user experience with either one ? I am looking for a
>>> reliable mobo which will be useful for the near future, and also a
>>> company which supports their product. My first home-built computer was
>>> with an Abit Socket A mobo and, while it was a decent board with good
>>> flexibility, I have found Abit to be a poor supporter of their
>>> customers, although the user base is very helpful. How does Epox
>>> compare in this respect ?

If you want to see more about epox boards check out
http://www.aoaforums.com/forum they have an epox message section that
has epox tech support logging in and answering questions.

- --
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

?To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public.? [Theodore Roosevelt] 1918

Adolph & Sharon Weidanz SuSE 9.2
'78 43' Endeavour Ketch Folding@Home Team 45
S/V Time To Paws