NVIDIA Quadro FX 1300

lgewirtz5@yahoo.com

I have some very basic questions. I have NVIDIA Quadro FX 1300 with an
Intel 82801GB LPC motherboard.

My first question is about the interfaces. Besides the 2 outs for the
monitors, what is the 3rd out? 3 pin din or s video?

Also, my old computer's video card had analog and digital ins. How do
I put digital video in the computer besides firewire? I assume that
I'll need an analog-video converter to put analog video in. Do i get a
separate card? Can I (or should I) put my old video card into this
computer as well?

Thanks,

Liz

Benjamin Gawert

* (E-Mail Removed):

> I have some very basic questions. I have NVIDIA Quadro FX 1300 with
> an Intel 82801GB LPC motherboard.
>
> My first question is about the interfaces. Besides the 2 outs for
> the monitors, what is the 3rd out? 3 pin din or s video?

Nope, it's a stereo out to connect 3D shutter glasses...

> Also, my old computer's video card had analog and digital ins.

Your old gfx card might have had analog in but certainly
no digital input (digital video is usually provided via Firewire and USB
which doesn't reside on gfx cards). And video inputs in general can only
be found with consumer gfx cards (Geforce) and not with professional gfx
boards like a Quadro...

> How do I put digital video in the computer besides firewire?

USB? D1? There are several ways and standards for capturing digital
video signals...

> I assume that I'll need an analog-video converter to put analog video
> in.

yes.

> Do i get a separate card?

No, there are external converter boxes for USB or Firewire which also
usually provide a better quality than most consumer capturing cards and
especially the video in on consumer gfx cards...

> Can I (or should I) put my old video
> card into this computer as well?

What for?

Benjamin

lgewirtz5@yahoo.com

Thanks. I've worked mostly with sound before and video is basically
new to me.

Liz

lgewirtz5@yahoo.com

> Nope, it's a stereo out to connect 3D shutter glasses...

What are 3D shutter glasses?

Liz