NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 #D Accelerator

ccannick

Is there any physical difference between the Sun workstation version
of this card and any other (Dell, HP, PNY, etc). They appear to be
identical but I need to certain before purchase.

Any details would be greatly appreciated.

solx

On 16/03/2010 04:33, ccannick wrote:
> Is there any physical difference between the Sun workstation version
> of this card and any other (Dell, HP, PNY, etc). They appear to be
> identical but I need to certain before purchase.
>
> Any details would be greatly appreciated.

I have noticed that Sun might sell the same physical hardware but they
can also encourage customers to purchase Sun supplied hardware by using
custom ROMs which their device drivers recognise. This problem tends to
be a SPARC platform based issue than x86 platform issue.

Benjamin Gawert

Am 16.03.2010 04:33, * ccannick:
> Is there any physical difference between the Sun workstation version
> of this card and any other (Dell, HP, PNY, etc). They appear to be
> identical but I need to certain before purchase.

They are exactly the same. All the Quadro cards are manufactured by PNY
and use their BIOS.

Benjamin