O/C Voltage on Opteron 146

gl

Hi,

Hope someone can help with my o/c.

Setup is an Asrock Dual Sata mb, Opteron 146, 2 sticks of PC4000 in dual
mode and Hiper 580w psu.
I have an Opteron 146 which is 15hr Prime stable at 2.92Ghz at 1.4v.

Getting past this speed is proving impossible though.
I've bumped the voltage to 1.425v and 1.45v and the only thing going up is
the temperature from 46 to 52 under priming load, max o/c stays the same
Also tried changing fsb and mulitplier 292x10 to 325x9 and above, no help
though, as well as relaxing memory timings and memory dividers.

Do i need more than a 1.4 to a 1.45v increase to continue o/cing (mb needs a
volt mod to go past 1.45v) or is something else holding me back?

thanks for any help,
Glenn

Pete

Hi:

You can try upping the chipset and ldt voltages. I also found that
loosening the RAM timings can add to the instability.

I don't know why, but tightening the timings actually helped me gain
stability at faster RAM speeds.

Best wishes,

Pete

"gl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Hope someone can help with my o/c.
>
> Setup is an Asrock Dual Sata mb, Opteron 146, 2 sticks of PC4000 in dual
> mode and Hiper 580w psu.
> I have an Opteron 146 which is 15hr Prime stable at 2.92Ghz at 1.4v.
>
> Getting past this speed is proving impossible though.
> I've bumped the voltage to 1.425v and 1.45v and the only thing going up is
> the temperature from 46 to 52 under priming load, max o/c stays the same
> Also tried changing fsb and mulitplier 292x10 to 325x9 and above, no help
> though, as well as relaxing memory timings and memory dividers.
>
> Do i need more than a 1.4 to a 1.45v increase to continue o/cing (mb needs
> a volt mod to go past 1.45v) or is something else holding me back?
>
> thanks for any help,
> Glenn

Paul

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "gl"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hope someone can help with my o/c.
>
> Setup is an Asrock Dual Sata mb, Opteron 146, 2 sticks of PC4000 in dual
> mode and Hiper 580w psu.
> I have an Opteron 146 which is 15hr Prime stable at 2.92Ghz at 1.4v.
>
> Getting past this speed is proving impossible though.
> I've bumped the voltage to 1.425v and 1.45v and the only thing going up is
> the temperature from 46 to 52 under priming load, max o/c stays the same
> Also tried changing fsb and mulitplier 292x10 to 325x9 and above, no help
> though, as well as relaxing memory timings and memory dividers.
>
> Do i need more than a 1.4 to a 1.45v increase to continue o/cing (mb needs a
> volt mod to go past 1.45v) or is something else holding me back?
>
> thanks for any help,
> Glenn

Turn down your memory clock, so you can get a more heroic
core overclock.

Opteron 146 @ 3520MHz (Air) :-)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=85752

Paul

gl

Unfortunately this mb doesn't support chipset and ldt voltage changes, just
memory and cpu

Which memory timings did you tighten to improve your o/c?

thanks for the help,
Glenn

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nDb8g.22887$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi:
>
> You can try upping the chipset and ldt voltages. I also found that
> loosening the RAM timings can add to the instability.
>
> I don't know why, but tightening the timings actually helped me gain
> stability at faster RAM speeds.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Pete
>
> "gl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Hope someone can help with my o/c.
>>
>> Setup is an Asrock Dual Sata mb, Opteron 146, 2 sticks of PC4000 in dual
>> mode and Hiper 580w psu.
>> I have an Opteron 146 which is 15hr Prime stable at 2.92Ghz at 1.4v.
>>
>> Getting past this speed is proving impossible though.
>> I've bumped the voltage to 1.425v and 1.45v and the only thing going up
>> is the temperature from 46 to 52 under priming load, max o/c stays the
>> same
>> Also tried changing fsb and mulitplier 292x10 to 325x9 and above, no help
>> though, as well as relaxing memory timings and memory dividers.
>>
>> Do i need more than a 1.4 to a 1.45v increase to continue o/cing (mb
>> needs a volt mod to go past 1.45v) or is something else holding me back?
>>
>> thanks for any help,
>> Glenn

Pete

Try cranking up DRAM Drive strength and DRAM data drive strength.

Best wishes,

Pete

"gl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Unfortunately this mb doesn't support chipset and ldt voltage changes,
> just memory and cpu
>
> Which memory timings did you tighten to improve your o/c?
>
> thanks for the help,
> Glenn
>
> "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:nDb8g.22887$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Hi:
>>
>> You can try upping the chipset and ldt voltages. I also found that
>> loosening the RAM timings can add to the instability.
>>
>> I don't know why, but tightening the timings actually helped me gain
>> stability at faster RAM speeds.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> "gl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Hope someone can help with my o/c.
>>>
>>> Setup is an Asrock Dual Sata mb, Opteron 146, 2 sticks of PC4000 in dual
>>> mode and Hiper 580w psu.
>>> I have an Opteron 146 which is 15hr Prime stable at 2.92Ghz at 1.4v.
>>>
>>> Getting past this speed is proving impossible though.
>>> I've bumped the voltage to 1.425v and 1.45v and the only thing going up
>>> is the temperature from 46 to 52 under priming load, max o/c stays the
>>> same
>>> Also tried changing fsb and mulitplier 292x10 to 325x9 and above, no
>>> help though, as well as relaxing memory timings and memory dividers.
>>>
>>> Do i need more than a 1.4 to a 1.45v increase to continue o/cing (mb
>>> needs a volt mod to go past 1.45v) or is something else holding me back?
>>>
>>> thanks for any help,
>>> Glenn

gl

These options aren't on my mb. It's a budget Asrock not a DFI which it
sounds like you have.

Thanks for all your help Pete, appreciated,

regards,
Glenn

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2uw8g.34022$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Try cranking up DRAM Drive strength and DRAM data drive strength.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Pete
>
> "gl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Unfortunately this mb doesn't support chipset and ldt voltage changes,
>> just memory and cpu
>>
>> Which memory timings did you tighten to improve your o/c?
>>
>> thanks for the help,
>> Glenn
>>
>> "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:nDb8g.22887$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> You can try upping the chipset and ldt voltages. I also found that
>>> loosening the RAM timings can add to the instability.
>>>
>>> I don't know why, but tightening the timings actually helped me gain
>>> stability at faster RAM speeds.
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> Pete
>>>
>>> "gl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

dawg

If the BIOS has HTT setting.lower it to 3 from 4 or from 5 to 4.

"gl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Hope someone can help with my o/c.
>
> Setup is an Asrock Dual Sata mb, Opteron 146, 2 sticks of PC4000 in dual
> mode and Hiper 580w psu.
> I have an Opteron 146 which is 15hr Prime stable at 2.92Ghz at 1.4v.
>
> Getting past this speed is proving impossible though.
> I've bumped the voltage to 1.425v and 1.45v and the only thing going up is
> the temperature from 46 to 52 under priming load, max o/c stays the same
> Also tried changing fsb and mulitplier 292x10 to 325x9 and above, no help
> though, as well as relaxing memory timings and memory dividers.
>
> Do i need more than a 1.4 to a 1.45v increase to continue o/cing (mb needs

> volt mod to go past 1.45v) or is something else holding me back?
>
> thanks for any help,
> Glenn

gl

Its set at 600(=x3) in the cpu settings.
I think what's needed is a chipset voltage increase for this mb like on my
old DFI nf2.

thanks,
Glenn

news:2vO8g.50148$(E-Mail Removed)...