Obsolete emulator / parts killing business buy old pds900

john11w

I've developed a nice business over the past 15 years lately using th
89lpc92x family of parts. The DIP (20) package is important so tha
upgrades may be made in the field. Yearly volume is 3-5K parts. Yes, board
are assembled by hand using through hole parts. I support 5 part timers an
still use 51 assembler. About 15 active designs.

I just blew the bondout R1.0 in my 2nd PDS900 and now have 1 left.

The reality of my dependance on the on the PDS900 is hitting home.

Does anyone have the hex for the bondout? Or an old PDS900

If I must switch suppliers, any comments of mpu's in DIP and emulato
support for those products. I see stuff from Silicon Labs and Infineon bu
no DIP parts.

Many thanks

---------------------------------------

Tim Wescott

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:52:07 -0500, john11w wrote:

> I've developed a nice business over the past 15 years lately using the
> 89lpc92x family of parts. The DIP (20) package is important so that
> upgrades may be made in the field. Yearly volume is 3-5K parts. Yes,
> boards are assembled by hand using through hole parts. I support 5 part
> timers and still use 51 assembler. About 15 active designs.
>
> I just blew the bondout R1.0 in my 2nd PDS900 and now have 1 left.
>
> The reality of my dependance on the on the PDS900 is hitting home.
>
> Does anyone have the hex for the bondout? Or an old PDS900
>
> If I must switch suppliers, any comments of mpu's in DIP and emulator
> support for those products. I see stuff from Silicon Labs and Infineon
> but no DIP parts.

Make a plug-in board. There's plenty of board-board interconnect
solutions; just make a board with a processor, and away you go.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Don Y

Hi Tim,

On 4/15/2012 10:37 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:52:07 -0500, john11w wrote:
>
>> I've developed a nice business over the past 15 years lately using the
>> 89lpc92x family of parts. The DIP (20) package is important so that
>> upgrades may be made in the field. Yearly volume is 3-5K parts. Yes,
>> boards are assembled by hand using through hole parts. I support 5 part
>> timers and still use 51 assembler. About 15 active designs.
>>
>> I just blew the bondout R1.0 in my 2nd PDS900 and now have 1 left.
>>
>> The reality of my dependance on the on the PDS900 is hitting home.
>>
>> Does anyone have the hex for the bondout? Or an old PDS900
>>
>> If I must switch suppliers, any comments of mpu's in DIP and emulator
>> support for those products. I see stuff from Silicon Labs and Infineon
>> but no DIP parts.

> Make a plug-in board. There's plenty of board-board interconnect
> solutions; just make a board with a processor, and away you go.

It's a *bondout* processor. *Not* a (normal) COTS product. Having
the *particular* (special) processor is the issue, here.

(No idea how the OP has "blown" it...?)

Tim Wescott

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 22:51:01 -0700, Don Y wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> On 4/15/2012 10:37 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:52:07 -0500, john11w wrote:
>>
>>> I've developed a nice business over the past 15 years lately using the
>>> 89lpc92x family of parts. The DIP (20) package is important so that
>>> upgrades may be made in the field. Yearly volume is 3-5K parts. Yes,
>>> boards are assembled by hand using through hole parts. I support 5
>>> part timers and still use 51 assembler. About 15 active designs.
>>>
>>> I just blew the bondout R1.0 in my 2nd PDS900 and now have 1 left.
>>>
>>> The reality of my dependance on the on the PDS900 is hitting home.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have the hex for the bondout? Or an old PDS900
>>>
>>> If I must switch suppliers, any comments of mpu's in DIP and emulator
>>> support for those products. I see stuff from Silicon Labs and Infineon
>>> but no DIP parts.

>> Make a plug-in board. There's plenty of board-board interconnect
>> solutions; just make a board with a processor, and away you go.

> It's a *bondout* processor. *Not* a (normal) COTS product. Having the
> *particular* (special) processor is the issue, here.
>
> (No idea how the OP has "blown" it...?)

"If I must switch suppliers, yadda yadda".

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Junior Member

As a former Philips employee I have several new PDS900 systems that I do'nt use anymore.If you want to have them please give me your e-mail address and I will contact you.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branchy View Post
As a former Philips employee I have several new PDS900 systems that I do'nt use anymore.If you want to have them please give me your e-mail address and I will contact you.
Is this where I can reply directly to provide an email address.
If not how or where.
I am requiring about a PDS900 if available.

Thanks