OC'ING VA-503+ WITH K6-2+/450

Keith Dawson

Hi all,
It's starting to bug me - why can't i get these components to run at
5x112?
5x100MHz is OK, and no probs with 4.5x112Mhz, just can't combine the
best of both :-(

TIA
Keith

Kyle Brant

probably the cpu can't take a 112 MHz fsb with the 5x multiplier, the
evidence of such is in your original post. Does the CPU run at 100
MHz FSB x 5.5?

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Keith Dawson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi all,
| It's starting to bug me - why can't i get these components to run at
| 5x112?
| 5x100MHz is OK, and no probs with 4.5x112Mhz, just can't combine the
| best of both :-(
|
| TIA
| Keith

Keith Dawson

Hi Kyle,
I think I had it running once, but with all the memory settings turned
down - the result was about 100 points off the 3dm2001 score :-(
The memory has now been changed, hence I am running the 4.5x112 (with
CAS2 as well), at 2.0V continuosly but nothing above that seems
possible...

Keith

Kyle Brant wrote:

> probably the cpu can't take a 112 MHz fsb with the 5x multiplier, the
> evidence of such is in your original post. Does the CPU run at 100
> MHz FSB x 5.5?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kyle
> tired of spam, no email address
> "Keith Dawson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Hi all,
> | It's starting to bug me - why can't i get these components to run at
> | 5x112?
> | 5x100MHz is OK, and no probs with 4.5x112Mhz, just can't combine the
> | best of both :-(
> |
> | TIA
> | Keith

Roger Hunt

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Keith Dawson
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Hi all,
>It's starting to bug me - why can't i get these components to run at
>5x112?
>5x100MHz is OK, and no probs with 4.5x112Mhz, just can't combine the
>best of both :-(

I've never had noteworthy success with 112 with either of my 503+s, with
any CPU I threw in it - Pentium MMX, K6-2, or 2+ - 450, 500, or 550 -
tried them all. That's with varied selections of peripherals and RAM
too.

Have you tried 5.5 or 6x95MHz though?
--
Roger Hunt