Old Dell C640, with SATA... just need help identifying a part.

Matthew Ridge

I have an old Dell C640, I call it "Old Man"... maxed out, ram and has
802.11g network capabilities. It's running Ubuntu, so needless to say
I am sort of on my own software wise, but I do need some help hardware
wise.

I have an adapter, that allows to take the CD drive out and insert a
second HD into it, in this case a SATA drive.

It works flawlessly... the problem is I need to find more of these.

The only thing I have to go on is what is stamped on the back of the
board.

e-Sun
HD001-SA223 REV.A

That's it...

Does anyone have an idea where I can get these? I don't want to buy
anything else with it, I'm looking to purchase some of them, if I need
to I'll buy bulk. I am creating something for the laptop, that if it
works will give these old 10 year old laptops a few more years in
them...

Bob_Villa

http://www.sztyg.com/

mpridge@gmail.com

On Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:50:52 PM UTC-4, Bob_Villa wrote:

> http://www.sztyg.com/

This I can get to, I just can't seem to navigate their system and figure out the part I am looking for. If it's an individual item that can be sold, or is it part of a larger product and sold in combination.

Pen

On 6/21/2012 10:14 AM, Matthew Ridge wrote:
> I have an old Dell C640, I call it "Old Man"... maxed out, ram and has
> 802.11g network capabilities. It's running Ubuntu, so needless to say
> I am sort of on my own software wise, but I do need some help hardware
> wise.
>
> I have an adapter, that allows to take the CD drive out and insert a
> second HD into it, in this case a SATA drive.
>
> It works flawlessly... the problem is I need to find more of these.
>
> The only thing I have to go on is what is stamped on the back of the
> board.
>
> e-Sun
> HD001-SA223 REV.A
>
> That's it...
>
> Does anyone have an idea where I can get these? I don't want to buy
> anything else with it, I'm looking to purchase some of them, if I need
> to I'll buy bulk. I am creating something for the laptop, that if it
> works will give these old 10 year old laptops a few more years in
> them...

New Egg has these similar products.

mpridge@gmail.com

Except that this is going into a laptop... none of those items would ever fit into one.

On Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:54:09 AM UTC-5, (unknown) wrote:
> On Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:50:52 PM UTC-4, Bob_Villa wrote:
>
> > http://www.sztyg.com/

> This I can get to, I just can't seem to navigate their system and figure out the part I am looking for. If it's an individual item that can be sold, or is it part of a larger product and sold in combination.

http://www.sztyg.com/goods.php?id=1202

Pen

On 6/21/2012 8:01 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:
> On Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:54:09 AM UTC-5, (unknown) wrote:
>> On Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:50:52 PM UTC-4, Bob_Villa wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.sztyg.com/

>> This I can get to, I just can't seem to navigate their system and figure out the part I am looking for. If it's an individual item that can be sold, or is it part of a larger product and sold in combination.

> http://www.sztyg.com/goods.php?id=1202

Wouldn't it be this one, IDE to SATA
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/3008...r-DELL-HP.html

rb

Matthew Ridge;1345070 Wrote:
> I have an old Dell C640, I call it "Old Man"... maxed out, ram and ha
> 802.11g network capabilities. It's running Ubuntu, so needless to sa
> I am sort of on my own software wise, but I do need some help hardwar
> wise
>
> I have an adapter, that allows to take the CD drive out and insert
> second HD into it, in this case a SATA drive
>
> It works flawlessly... the problem is I need to find more of these
>
> The only thing I have to go on is what is stamped on the back of th
> board
>
> e-Su
> HD001-SA223 REV.
>
> That's it..
>
> Does anyone have an idea where I can get these? I don't want to bu
> anything else with it, I'm looking to purchase some of them, if I nee
> to I'll buy bulk. I am creating something for the laptop, that if i
> works will give these old 10 year old laptops a few more years i
> them..

Mat
Have a look here--> http://e-suntech.en.alibaba.com

mpridge@gmail.com

Right. Except I don't want the unit, I only need the card inside the unit that makes the transfer possible.

Let me explain, I'm using a battery encasing, and using it as a secondary HD. One that will be hidden from everyone except those that know they are there.

There will be a small 4mm x 4mm fan blowing air out of a self made vent that is hidden to the end user.

Basically I making a true stealth drive.

On Friday, June 22, 2012 6:33:50 AM UTC-5, (unknown) wrote:
> Right. Except I don't want the unit, I only need the card inside the unit that makes the transfer possible.
>
> Let me explain, I'm using a battery encasing, and using it as a secondary HD. One that will be hidden from everyone except those that know they are there.
>
> There will be a small 4mm x 4mm fan blowing air out of a self made vent that is hidden to the end user.
>
> Basically I making a true stealth drive.
>

> On Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:01:51 PM UTC-4, Bob_Villa wrote:

Now you have to kill us!