Old Sun VME boards...

Peter Eriksson

Anyone with a sudden need for some vintage Sun VME boards before we
throw them into the recycling bin?

Qty Partno Description

2 501-1249 Xylogics 7053 SMD disk controller
1 501-1512 Sun 4/100 SPARC CPU
4 501-1153 10Mbps Ethernet
6 501-1166 Xylogics 451 SMD disk controller
2 501-1217 SCSI controller
1 501-1059 Unknown
1 501-1155 Xylogics 472 1/2" tape controller
1 501-1316 Sun 4/300 SPARC CPU
4 501-1102 RAM 8MB 3/200-4/200
2 501-1539 IPI disk controller
1 501-1221 RS-232C / RS-449 controller
1 501-1054 Systech VPC-2200
1 501-1576 RAM 16MB
1 501-1186 Xylogics 451 SMD disk controller
1 501-1132 RAM 4MB

Available in Linköping, Sweden. But probably not for much longer... :-)

Dennis Grevenstein

Peter Eriksson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Anyone with a sudden need for some vintage Sun VME boards before we
> throw them into the recycling bin?
>
> Qty Partno Description
>
> 1 501-1512 Sun 4/100 SPARC CPU
> 4 501-1102 RAM 8MB 3/200-4/200
> 1 501-1576 RAM 16MB
> 1 501-1132 RAM 4MB

> Available in Linköping, Sweden. But probably not for much longer... :-)

Please don't throw those away. I would pay shipping, but picking them
up in Sweden would be kind of difficult. Some of those machines still live
and spare parts are rare by now.

Dennis, with a 3/160, 3/470, 4/260...

--
Don't suffer from insanity...
Enjoy every minute of it.

Bill Gunshannon

In article <iih524$jv9$00$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>,
Dennis Grevenstein <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Peter Eriksson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Anyone with a sudden need for some vintage Sun VME boards before we
>> throw them into the recycling bin?
>>
>> Qty Partno Description
>>
>> 1 501-1512 Sun 4/100 SPARC CPU
>> 4 501-1102 RAM 8MB 3/200-4/200
>> 1 501-1576 RAM 16MB
>> 1 501-1132 RAM 4MB

>> Available in Linköping, Sweden. But probably not for much longer... :-)

> Please don't throw those away. I would pay shipping, but picking them
> up in Sweden would be kind of difficult. Some of those machines still live
> and spare parts are rare by now.

I thought the same thing, but didn't know how practical it was to try and
get them sent over here. Any chance it would be cheaper to get the whole
stack sent to one place and then parcel them out on this side of the water?

> Dennis, with a 3/160, 3/470, 4/260...

bill, who also still has Sun-3's and even a non-VME Sparc or two in his
stable.

(E-Mail Removed) | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton |
Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include <std.disclaimer.h>

Volker Borchert

Dennis Grevenstein wrote:
> Peter Eriksson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Anyone with a sudden need for some vintage Sun VME boards before we
> > throw them into the recycling bin?

Please don't dump any of this stuff. Make more noise...

> > Qty Partno Description
> >
> > 1 501-1512 Sun 4/100 SPARC CPU
> > 4 501-1102 RAM 8MB 3/200-4/200
> > 1 501-1576 RAM 16MB
> > 1 501-1132 RAM 4MB

> > Available in Link?ping, Sweden. But probably not for much longer... :-)

> Please don't throw those away. I would pay shipping, but picking them
> up in Sweden would be kind of difficult. Some of those machines still live
> and spare parts are rare by now.

I'm interested at least in the 501-1221 and one 501-1153. Maybe we
could get a single package shipped to Germany and sort them out
locally? I'd participate in shipping cost.

> Dennis, with a 3/160, 3/470, 4/260...

Volker, with a 4/110

--

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy <(E-Mail Removed)>
"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert <(E-Mail Removed)>

Dennis Grevenstein

Bill Gunshannon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I thought the same thing, but didn't know how practical it was to try and
> get them sent over here. Any chance it would be cheaper to get the whole
> stack sent to one place and then parcel them out on this side of the water?

If I could have one of the boards, I would love to get the
16MB RAM board for my 3/470. If anybody in the U.S. wants
to have the lot shipped, I'm fine with that too.
The multi-serial boards and SMD controllers probably aren't
worth shipping, so if shipping costs have to be considered,
I would recommened letting them go to the dumpster.

Dennis

--
Don't suffer from insanity...
Enjoy every minute of it.

Volker Borchert

Dennis Grevenstein wrote:
> The multi-serial boards and SMD controllers probably aren't
> worth shipping, so if shipping costs have to be considered,
> I would recommened letting them go to the dumpster.

Don't know about the SMD controllers, but I'd take the serials.
At least the 501-1221 that works with my 4/110. And none of that
stuff should go to the dumpster. What about asking the *BSD and
Linux communities whether they need some for porting and testing?

Volker

--

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy <(E-Mail Removed)>
"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert <(E-Mail Removed)>

Bill Gunshannon

In article <iihr13$f4e$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>,
Dennis Grevenstein <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Bill Gunshannon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> I thought the same thing, but didn't know how practical it was to try and
>> get them sent over here. Any chance it would be cheaper to get the whole
>> stack sent to one place and then parcel them out on this side of the water?

> If I could have one of the boards, I would love to get the
> 16MB RAM board for my 3/470. If anybody in the U.S. wants
> to have the lot shipped, I'm fine with that too.
> The multi-serial boards and SMD controllers probably aren't
> worth shipping, so if shipping costs have to be considered,
> I would recommened letting them go to the dumpster.

Let's not be hasty.... While I have gotten rid of all my SMD disks quite
some time ago, I could definitely use a multi-serial board. I guess we
need to try to figure out what it wold cost to get it all sent over here.

bill

(E-Mail Removed) | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton |
Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include <std.disclaimer.h>

Peter Eriksson

Okay okay - I'll keep the stuff some more time :-).

I get a bit of flak from my co-workers (that didn't work with those
machines - some of them were almost even not born when I used them :-)
for wanting to save those boards so I figured I'd try to find some new
homes for them if possible.

- Peter

On Feb 4, 11:07*pm, (E-Mail Removed) (Volker Borchert) wrote:
> Dennis Grevenstein wrote:
> > The multi-serial boards and SMD controllers probably aren't
> > worth shipping, so if shipping costs have to be considered,
> > I would recommened letting them go to the dumpster.

> Don't know about the SMD controllers, but I'd take the serials.
> At least the 501-1221 that works with my 4/110. And none of that
> stuff should go to the dumpster. What about asking the *BSD and
> Linux communities whether they need some for porting and testing?
>
> * * * * Volker
>
> --
>
> "I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy <(E-Mail Removed)..fed>
> "I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert *<(E-Mail Removed)>

Michael

Hi,

On 02/12/11 07:58 PM, Peter Eriksson wrote:
> Okay okay - I'll keep the stuff some more time :-).
>
> I get a bit of flak from my co-workers (that didn't work with those
> machines - some of them were almost even not born when I used them :-)
> for wanting to save those boards so I figured I'd try to find some new
> homes for them if possible.
>
> - Peter

I started my HW life designing VME boards when VME arrived after
Motorola VersaBus, and still do, am I getting old

Sun VME boards pen Sun Hardware 1 12-10-2012 02:11 PM
ioremap() and port of linux to MPC7400 based SBC (VME board) him Embedded 2 02-07-2005 11:41 PM
ioremap() and port of linux to MPC7400 based SBC (VME board) him Embedded 0 02-07-2005 01:07 PM
Re: Compact PCI and VME, Current SBCs and Chassis, Dual and Single CPUs up to 700Mhz Product Solution Embedded 0 12-09-2004 02:41 PM
high-speed A/D board - PMC module or VME board ? Vik Embedded 1 04-16-2004 12:21 PM