Old Vaio and Mouse Problem

stefmazurek@gmail.com

I have an old Vaio Laptop PCG-F650 and most of the time use an
external compaq PS/2 mouse through the 9-pin connector in the back
instead of the touch pad.

The external mouse works fine, but whenever I boot the computer anew,
the mouse freaks out only by touching it; it's all over the screen.
Then, I have to unplug the mouse, touch the mouse pad a couple of
times; the pointer eventually stops going erratic. After this
procedure, I can plug the mouse back in through the 9-pin and the
mouse works fine. Now, I have to repeat this procedure everytime I
shut-down windows. I tried disabling the touch pad, but this does not
help.

Anyone has an idea? I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Beryl

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I have an old Vaio Laptop PCG-F650 and most of the time use an
> external compaq PS/2 mouse through the 9-pin connector in the back
> instead of the touch pad.
>
> The external mouse works fine, but whenever I boot the computer anew,
> the mouse freaks out only by touching it; it's all over the screen.
> Then, I have to unplug the mouse, touch the mouse pad a couple of
> times; the pointer eventually stops going erratic. After this
> procedure, I can plug the mouse back in through the 9-pin and the
> mouse works fine. Now, I have to repeat this procedure everytime I
> shut-down windows. I tried disabling the touch pad, but this does not
> help.
>
> Anyone has an idea? I'd appreciate any advice.
>
> Thanks.

I don't think PS/2 is really "hot swappable", is it? Might be damage done.
Maybe you're plugging into a PS/2 keyboard port?
I'm just grasping here.

stefmazurek@gmail.com

On Dec 5, 8:16 pm, Beryl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I have an old Vaio Laptop PCG-F650 and most of the time use an
> > external compaq PS/2 mouse through the 9-pin connector in the back
> > instead of the touch pad.

> > The external mouse works fine, but whenever I boot the computer anew,
> > the mouse freaks out only by touching it; it's all over the screen.
> > Then, I have to unplug the mouse, touch the mouse pad a couple of
> > times; the pointer eventually stops going erratic. After this
> > procedure, I can plug the mouse back in through the 9-pin and the
> > mouse works fine. Now, I have to repeat this procedure everytime I
> > shut-down windows. I tried disabling the touch pad, but this does not
> > help.

> > Anyone has an idea? I'd appreciate any advice.

> > Thanks.

> I don't think PS/2 is really "hot swappable", is it? Might be damage done.
> Maybe you're plugging into a PS/2 keyboard port?
> I'm just grasping here.- Hide quoted text -

Maybe you are right. I don't know enough about computers,
thanks anyway.

Beryl

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Dec 5, 8:16 pm, Beryl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>>I have an old Vaio Laptop PCG-F650 and most of the time use an
>>>external compaq PS/2 mouse through the 9-pin connector in the back
>>>instead of the touch pad.

>>>The external mouse works fine, but whenever I boot the computer anew,
>>>the mouse freaks out only by touching it; it's all over the screen.
>>>Then, I have to unplug the mouse, touch the mouse pad a couple of
>>>times; the pointer eventually stops going erratic. After this
>>>procedure, I can plug the mouse back in through the 9-pin and the
>>>mouse works fine. Now, I have to repeat this procedure everytime I
>>>shut-down windows. I tried disabling the touch pad, but this does not
>>>help.

>>>Anyone has an idea? I'd appreciate any advice.

>>>Thanks.

>>I don't think PS/2 is really "hot swappable", is it? Might be damage done.
>>Maybe you're plugging into a PS/2 keyboard port?
>>I'm just grasping here.- Hide quoted text -

> Maybe you are right. I don't know enough about computers,
> thanks anyway.

Mouse port green, keyboard port purple.

Sony Vaio Restore CD vaio vgn-fw please help!!! wolfskin2005 Laptops 0 02-26-2009 08:35 PM
The sale of the old Guinness Super watches. LV packs. And hat.Clothes. Some products, etc.The sale of the old Guinness Super watches. LVpacks. And hat. Clothes. Some products, etc. swukong39@gmail.com Apple 0 12-01-2007 10:45 AM
old vaio fan problem winfred Laptops 3 06-01-2007 12:42 PM
Old Sony Vaio and PCMCIA external CD-ROM Sniper Laptops 12 07-20-2006 08:21 AM
Opinions on/alternatives to Vaio VAIO VGN-T150P/L Zen Cohen Laptops 1 11-29-2004 12:11 AM