Older Bestec ATX-- 1956D PS replcement

JR the Postman

I have a power supply that the testing shows the P8 4 pin plug has no
power, can this be patched from a molex?

Is this one of the non-standard power supplys, and was there a later
issue with more than 200 Watts, to run two faster larger hard drives and
two CD units...

200 watts may have been fine for this system with the older 5400 hard
drive and a single CD-rom... But its power demands have been
increased...

JR the postman

Ben Myers

The only thing non-standard with the 1956D is the form factor. It is only 4"
deep, so a standard ATX power supply might make the inside a little cramped or
it simply might not fit... Ben Myers

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:01:27 GMT, JR the Postman <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a power supply that the testing shows the P8 4 pin plug has no
>power, can this be patched from a molex?
>
>Is this one of the non-standard power supplys, and was there a later
>issue with more than 200 Watts, to run two faster larger hard drives and
>two CD units...
>
>200 watts may have been fine for this system with the older 5400 hard
>drive and a single CD-rom... But its power demands have been
>increased...
>
>JR the postman

JR the Postman

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:41:56 -0400, Ben Myers wrote:

> The only thing non-standard with the 1956D is the form factor. It is
> only 4" deep, so a standard ATX power supply might make the inside a
> little cramped or it simply might not fit... Ben Myers

* * *
Ben looking at the 20 pin connector when facing the latch side is face up
the third connection from the right is missing a wire just like the older
HP proprietary power supply connectors...

With that in mind I thought this was the older HP proprietary wiring
style, I will try a 300 watt Antec power supply replacement I have
tested...

This computer now basicly a re-housed HP 540n is going to a wheelchair
bound B+ Junior high student waiting for a replacement computer, her old
cobbled-together (pent11) finally died...

I had AntiX the small SimplyMepis Linux distro running well for her, and
she will get a newer system this afternoon with the same operating system
if all goes well...

Thanks for your well timed assistance again...

JR the postman