Oldie Athlon XP temp?

Thomas Andersson

Hi!

What would be a normal iddle/working temp for a aircooled Athlon XP 2500+
(roomtemp mid to high 20's).

TIA
Thomas

Thomas Andersson

Ed Light wrote:

>> What would be a normal iddle/working temp for a aircooled Athlon XP
>> 2500+ (roomtemp mid to high 20's).

> 40's. They should never go past 60 or they could make errors.

Was afraid of that, for me it's iddling at 60 in the desktop (CPU diode
temp in mbm)

Best Wishes
Thomas

Dave Garrett

says...
> Ed Light wrote:
>
> >> What would be a normal iddle/working temp for a aircooled Athlon XP
> >> 2500+ (roomtemp mid to high 20's).

> > 40's. They should never go past 60 or they could make errors.

> Was afraid of that, for me it's iddling at 60 in the desktop (CPU diode
> temp in mbm)

That's pretty high. Another data point: my Athlon XP1700+ in an Abit
NF7-M, not OC'd, runs in the mid-40s at idle during the winter months
and 50-51 during the summer months. The board temps are usually between
27-32, again depending on season. These are as reported by Winbond
Hardware Monitor; the machine runs 24/7 and has been running at these
temps for over five years with no problems. This is with the OEM
heatsink and fan that came with the CPU - I keep meaning to upgrade, and
in fact have a new Cooler Master still in the box, but have never gotten
around to doing so.

Dave

An oldie but goodie! Guitarist511 Compaq 1 11-16-2005 12:17 AM
trouble with a oldie Julian Hales AMD Overclocking 4 12-10-2004 07:02 AM
Question about an oldie Nico Asus 5 05-20-2004 05:54 PM
Here's an oldie for ya Pommie ATI 3 12-28-2003 11:38 AM
overclocking an oldie Justice Overclocking 8 10-14-2003 09:44 PM