Onboard Audio ChipSet, Please Help?

James Turner

Recently I installed an Audigy 2 ZS Audio Card, and now sound dosen't come
from the rear channel or the subwoofer. I've been going through the
trobleshooters documentation and it says that there may be unusual reactions
if there is more than one card installed. I've tried everything to get my
NF7 - S2 to run with out installing the driver for the chip set, but on
start up it requests the driver or even installs it its self. When I test
the spekers I get sound but when sound is played in any other method there
is no sound!

Now my question: Is there a way to turn off the onboard card? I would really
reather use the Audigy card. On Creative's site there is talk of turning it
off from the bios, but I've found nothing in the owners manual. I even
looked for a method of setting the jumpers to disarm the on board sound. The
truth,

Jim T

Andy

Disable OnChip PCI Device / Audio Controller

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 18:50:17 -0500, "James Turner"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Recently I installed an Audigy 2 ZS Audio Card, and now sound dosen't come
>from the rear channel or the subwoofer. I've been going through the
>trobleshooters documentation and it says that there may be unusual reactions
>if there is more than one card installed. I've tried everything to get my
>NF7 - S2 to run with out installing the driver for the chip set, but on
>start up it requests the driver or even installs it its self. When I test
>the spekers I get sound but when sound is played in any other method there
>is no sound!
>
>Now my question: Is there a way to turn off the onboard card? I would really
>reather use the Audigy card. On Creative's site there is talk of turning it
>off from the bios, but I've found nothing in the owners manual. I even
>looked for a method of setting the jumpers to disarm the on board sound. The
>truth,
>
>Jim T

abituser

wrote this on alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit:

>Recently I installed an Audigy 2 ZS Audio Card, and now sound dosen't come
>from the rear channel or the subwoofer. I've been going through the
>trobleshooters documentation and it says that there may be unusual reactions
>if there is more than one card installed. I've tried everything to get my
>NF7 - S2 to run with out installing the driver for the chip set, but on
>start up it requests the driver or even installs it its self. When I test
>the spekers I get sound but when sound is played in any other method there
>is no sound!
>
>Now my question: Is there a way to turn off the onboard card? I would really
>reather use the Audigy card. On Creative's site there is talk of turning it
>off from the bios, but I've found nothing in the owners manual. I even
>looked for a method of setting the jumpers to disarm the on board sound. The
>truth,

If you can't turn it off through BIOS, you should be able to change
the jumper on the MOBO but you'll need the MOBO manual for that,
so download a copy from the ABIT site. I can switch off MOBO sound
on all ABITs I've ever used.

lkboop

James Turner wrote:
> Recently I installed an Audigy 2 ZS Audio Card, and now sound dosen't come
> from the rear channel or the subwoofer. I've been going through the
> trobleshooters documentation and it says that there may be unusual reactions
> if there is more than one card installed. I've tried everything to get my
> NF7 - S2 to run with out installing the driver for the chip set, but on
> start up it requests the driver or even installs it its self. When I test
> the spekers I get sound but when sound is played in any other method there
> is no sound!
>
> Now my question: Is there a way to turn off the onboard card? I would really
> reather use the Audigy card. On Creative's site there is talk of turning it
> off from the bios, but I've found nothing in the owners manual. I even
> looked for a method of setting the jumpers to disarm the on board sound. The
> truth,
>
> Jim T

Turn it off in the BIOS-I don't know of any MB with on board audio that
you can not disable through the BIOS.

abituser

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:50:00 -0800 'Andy'
wrote this on alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit:

>Disable OnChip PCI Device / Audio Controller

Yeah that looks like the one.