Onboard LAN is not working on Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P

Junior Member

Hi All,
2months before I purchased Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P Motherboard. 10days before there was thunder and lighting, Because of that Modem is not functioning. Then i purchased a new modem and used it, But it is not working. But the same modem i used USB instead of ethernet cable it is working fine.

I have checked in another machine it is working. Could anyone suggest me whats wrong. If the Onboard LAN is not working then is there any possibilities to add Addon LAN card. Please provide your comments.

Thanks
Jayaram

Junior Member
Location: Southern US

LAN in your bios could be turned off. In my case the Del button on boot gets me in bios. Ctrl + F2 gives you advanced options but it should be listed in the normal view. I wouldn't change anything if your not sure. There may be two LAN's, your on board and the boot LAN rom. Make sure the on board is enabled.