Onscreen keyboard missing!

DarkNoise

The other day I had to reinstall Windows Xp Tablet Edition. When I did
however, I found that my on screen keyboard imput in the Tablet PC Input
Panel had on blank. The box still pops up and allows me to use writing pad
and character pad, but upon selecting the on screen keyboard I'm presented
with nothing but a blank blue gradient background of the Imput Panel with the
on screen keyboard missing, and I can't figure out whats wrong.

Can anyone help? As you could imagine it's hard to do anything without it
when I'm working mostly in Alias Sketchbook in portrait mode. ^^;; Thanks.

Chris H

Would you please double-check in Control Panel/Regional and Language Options
to make sure the language you've selected on the Regional Options and
Advanced tabs are both English (United States). If you're running a U.S.
English system, that's what you should have.

Then go to the Languages tab, select the Details button, and verify on the
Settings tab that English (United States) - US is selected as the Default
input language. In the Installed services pane, you should have English
(United States) listed in bold face, with at least three of the four (Office
2003 adds one) of the following under Advanced Text Services:

- Ink Correction
- Tablet PC Correction
- Tablet PC Correction for Windows Journal
- Tablet PC Text Insertion.

If all those are correct, you may need to go to the Command Prompt (not
Start/Run) and enter "regsvr32 inkobj.dll" without the quotation marks, then
Enter and then "regsvr32 tpcps.dll" (without quotes) then Enter again.
Restart your machine after finishing each of those two modifications to the
Registry.

If this information doesn't help, please post back again.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"DarkNoise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The other day I had to reinstall Windows Xp Tablet Edition. When I did
> however, I found that my on screen keyboard imput in the Tablet PC Input
> Panel had on blank. The box still pops up and allows me to use writing pad
> and character pad, but upon selecting the on screen keyboard I'm presented
> with nothing but a blank blue gradient background of the Imput Panel with
> the
> on screen keyboard missing, and I can't figure out whats wrong.
>
> Can anyone help? As you could imagine it's hard to do anything without it
> when I'm working mostly in Alias Sketchbook in portrait mode. ^^;; Thanks.

Tabalot

"Chris H" wrote:

> Would you please double-check in Control Panel/Regional and Language Options
> to make sure the language you've selected on the Regional Options and
> Advanced tabs are both English (United States). If you're running a U.S.
> English system, that's what you should have.
>
> Then go to the Languages tab, select the Details button, and verify on the
> Settings tab that English (United States) - US is selected as the Default
> input language. In the Installed services pane, you should have English
> (United States) listed in bold face, with at least three of the four (Office
> 2003 adds one) of the following under Advanced Text Services:
>

> - Ink Correction
> - Tablet PC Correction
> - Tablet PC Correction for Windows Journal
> - Tablet PC Text Insertion.
>

> If all those are correct, you may need to go to the Command Prompt (not
> Start/Run) and enter "regsvr32 inkobj.dll" without the quotation marks, then
> Enter and then "regsvr32 tpcps.dll" (without quotes) then Enter again.
> Restart your machine after finishing each of those two modifications to the
> Registry.
>

> If this information doesn't help, please post back again.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> http://forums.mobilepcworld.net
> Associate Expert
>

> "DarkNoise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The other day I had to reinstall Windows Xp Tablet Edition. When I did
> > however, I found that my on screen keyboard imput in the Tablet PC Input
> > Panel had on blank. The box still pops up and allows me to use writing pad
> > and character pad, but upon selecting the on screen keyboard I'm presented
> > with nothing but a blank blue gradient background of the Imput Panel with
> > the
> > on screen keyboard missing, and I can't figure out whats wrong.
> >
> > Can anyone help? As you could imagine it's hard to do anything without it
> > when I'm working mostly in Alias Sketchbook in portrait mode. ^^;; Thanks.

DarkNoise

Done as aked but the problem hasn't been fixed. I've got upto using the
command prompts as told, only to be given an error stating;
"LoadLibrary("tpcps.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found."

"Chris H" wrote:

> Would you please double-check in Control Panel/Regional and Language Options
> to make sure the language you've selected on the Regional Options and
> Advanced tabs are both English (United States). If you're running a U.S.
> English system, that's what you should have.
>
> Then go to the Languages tab, select the Details button, and verify on the
> Settings tab that English (United States) - US is selected as the Default
> input language. In the Installed services pane, you should have English
> (United States) listed in bold face, with at least three of the four (Office
> 2003 adds one) of the following under Advanced Text Services:
>

> - Ink Correction
> - Tablet PC Correction
> - Tablet PC Correction for Windows Journal
> - Tablet PC Text Insertion.
>

> If all those are correct, you may need to go to the Command Prompt (not
> Start/Run) and enter "regsvr32 inkobj.dll" without the quotation marks, then
> Enter and then "regsvr32 tpcps.dll" (without quotes) then Enter again.
> Restart your machine after finishing each of those two modifications to the
> Registry.
>

> If this information doesn't help, please post back again.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> http://forums.mobilepcworld.net
> Associate Expert
>

> "DarkNoise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The other day I had to reinstall Windows Xp Tablet Edition. When I did
> > however, I found that my on screen keyboard imput in the Tablet PC Input
> > Panel had on blank. The box still pops up and allows me to use writing pad
> > and character pad, but upon selecting the on screen keyboard I'm presented
> > with nothing but a blank blue gradient background of the Imput Panel with
> > the
> > on screen keyboard missing, and I can't figure out whats wrong.
> >
> > Can anyone help? As you could imagine it's hard to do anything without it
> > when I'm working mostly in Alias Sketchbook in portrait mode. ^^;; Thanks.

Kim H

I tried the same fix. I was able to find the files in the program files,
microsoft shared files/ink. However, I tried the fix and rebooted after each
step, but still have the same problem.
Kim H

"DarkNoise" wrote:

> Done as aked but the problem hasn't been fixed. I've got upto using the
> command prompts as told, only to be given an error stating;
> "LoadLibrary("tpcps.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found."
>
> "Chris H" wrote:
>
> > Would you please double-check in Control Panel/Regional and Language Options
> > to make sure the language you've selected on the Regional Options and
> > Advanced tabs are both English (United States). If you're running a U.S.
> > English system, that's what you should have.
> >
> > Then go to the Languages tab, select the Details button, and verify on the
> > Settings tab that English (United States) - US is selected as the Default
> > input language. In the Installed services pane, you should have English
> > (United States) listed in bold face, with at least three of the four (Office
> > 2003 adds one) of the following under Advanced Text Services:
> >

> > - Ink Correction
> > - Tablet PC Correction
> > - Tablet PC Correction for Windows Journal
> > - Tablet PC Text Insertion.
> >

> > If all those are correct, you may need to go to the Command Prompt (not
> > Start/Run) and enter "regsvr32 inkobj.dll" without the quotation marks, then
> > Enter and then "regsvr32 tpcps.dll" (without quotes) then Enter again.
> > Restart your machine after finishing each of those two modifications to the
> > Registry.
> >

> > If this information doesn't help, please post back again.
> > --
> > Chris H.
> > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> > Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
> > http://forums.mobilepcworld.net
> > Associate Expert
> > Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >

> > "DarkNoise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > The other day I had to reinstall Windows Xp Tablet Edition. When I did
> > > however, I found that my on screen keyboard imput in the Tablet PC Input
> > > Panel had on blank. The box still pops up and allows me to use writing pad
> > > and character pad, but upon selecting the on screen keyboard I'm presented
> > > with nothing but a blank blue gradient background of the Imput Panel with
> > > the
> > > on screen keyboard missing, and I can't figure out whats wrong.
> > >
> > > Can anyone help? As you could imagine it's hard to do anything without it
> > > when I'm working mostly in Alias Sketchbook in portrait mode. ^^;; Thanks.

DarkNoise

Aigh, I downloaded the dll's just now and tried it, but still.. nothing. I
have also found that the onscreen keyboard at log in has also gone blank.

"Kim H" wrote:

> I tried the same fix. I was able to find the files in the program files,
> microsoft shared files/ink. However, I tried the fix and rebooted after each
> step, but still have the same problem.
> Kim H
>
> "DarkNoise" wrote:
>
> > Done as aked but the problem hasn't been fixed. I've got upto using the
> > command prompts as told, only to be given an error stating;
> > "LoadLibrary("tpcps.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found."
> >
> > "Chris H" wrote:
> >
> > > Would you please double-check in Control Panel/Regional and Language Options
> > > to make sure the language you've selected on the Regional Options and
> > > Advanced tabs are both English (United States). If you're running a U.S.
> > > English system, that's what you should have.
> > >
> > > Then go to the Languages tab, select the Details button, and verify on the
> > > Settings tab that English (United States) - US is selected as the Default
> > > input language. In the Installed services pane, you should have English
> > > (United States) listed in bold face, with at least three of the four (Office
> > > 2003 adds one) of the following under Advanced Text Services:
> > >

> > > - Ink Correction
> > > - Tablet PC Correction
> > > - Tablet PC Correction for Windows Journal
> > > - Tablet PC Text Insertion.
> > >

> > > If all those are correct, you may need to go to the Command Prompt (not
> > > Start/Run) and enter "regsvr32 inkobj.dll" without the quotation marks, then
> > > Enter and then "regsvr32 tpcps.dll" (without quotes) then Enter again.
> > > Restart your machine after finishing each of those two modifications to the
> > > Registry.
> > >

> > > If this information doesn't help, please post back again.
> > > --
> > > Chris H.
> > > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> > > Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
> > > http://forums.mobilepcworld.net
> > > Associate Expert
> > > Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> > >

> > > "DarkNoise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Chris H

I've been on the road since early this morning, give me a few hours and I'll
figure another attack on the issue. Sorry for the delay.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
http://forums.mobilepcworld.net
Associate Expert

"DarkNoise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Aigh, I downloaded the dll's just now and tried it, but still.. nothing. I
> have also found that the onscreen keyboard at log in has also gone blank.
>
> "Kim H" wrote:
>
>> I tried the same fix. I was able to find the files in the program files,
>> microsoft shared files/ink. However, I tried the fix and rebooted after
>> each
>> step, but still have the same problem.
>> Kim H
>>
>> "DarkNoise" wrote:
>>
>> > Done as aked but the problem hasn't been fixed. I've got upto using the
>> > command prompts as told, only to be given an error stating;
>> > "LoadLibrary("tpcps.dll") failed - The specified module could not be
>> > found."

DarkNoise

Are you still working on the problem? I havn't heard back in a while.

"Chris H" wrote:

> I've been on the road since early this morning, give me a few hours and I'll
> figure another attack on the issue. Sorry for the delay.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> http://forums.mobilepcworld.net
> Associate Expert
>
> "DarkNoise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Aigh, I downloaded the dll's just now and tried it, but still.. nothing. I
> > have also found that the onscreen keyboard at log in has also gone blank.
> >
> > "Kim H" wrote:
> >
> >> I tried the same fix. I was able to find the files in the program files,
> >> microsoft shared files/ink. However, I tried the fix and rebooted after
> >> each
> >> step, but still have the same problem.
> >> Kim H

Chris H

Yup, been busy with family things. 8-)

I think we went over this, but anyone have TweakUI installed? If so, using
the X-Mouse setting can cause disruption with the Tablet Input Panel.

Otherwise, double-check these items:
To install the U.S. keyboard, follow these steps:
1. Tap Start, tap Control Panel, and then tap Regional and Language Options.
(If you use Category view, tap Date, tap Time, tap Language, and then tap
Regional Options.)
2. On the Languages tab, tap Details.
3. In the Default input language list, select English (United States) – US,
and then tap OK.
Note If you want to use a different input language as the default, click the
language that you want to use instead.
4. Tap the Advanced tab.
5. Tap to select the Apply all settings to the current user account and to
the default user profile check box.
6. Tap OK, tap Apply, and then tap OK.
Note To make sure that the settings take effect, restart your Tablet PC.