how to open Aspire 1622 (to clean the fan)

nordic

Hi!

My Acer Aspire 1622 has a severe overheating problem.
I read that I should clean the fan, and apply some cooling past to the
CPU.

Ok, but how on earth can I open the case and get there in the first
place?

I tried to remove all screws I could find but the case only opens a
bit and won't move any further.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much!!

Kind Regards,
Andreas

Overclocked

Hi Adnreas,

Try searching this manual site: http://www.eserviceinfo.com/

nordic

> Overclockedwrote:
Hi Adnreas,

> Try searching this manual site: http://www.eserviceinfo.com/

Hi!

Thank you for answering. I have searched the site you linked to
several times, but I haven't found anything helpfull. I only found a
part list.

Kind Regards,
Andreas

c-cubed

Go to this web site and download the appropriate manu
"http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal20.cfm?website=AcerPanAm.com/us&siteid=7293&areaid=7&formid=3394&LINKTEXT=Drive rs%20%26%20Downloads"

Locate the Cooling fan/Thermal module and remove the cover. Note Acer
is weird after you take out the screws, the cover doesn't just fall
off, it requires a little coaxing. Try inserting a small screwdriver or
knife and prying gently. Becareful, you don't want to break it.
Typically there are a couple of little plastic tabs that hold it in and
they snap in and out.

My Acer 5000 recently developed a similar problem. Cleaning the fan and
attempting to clean the Thermal Module with "canned air" didn't help.
I'm looking for additional ideas. See my post "Acer 5000 overheating"