Open rack vs. enclosed cabinet

Yoann Roman

I'm looking to move my servers to a rack/cabinet in a 7-ft by 5.5-ft room.
About 6 tower servers, 1 rack server, 4 rack switches, 3 routers/telecom,
and 3 non-rack UPS.

Would an enclosed cabinet work in terms of cooling? Any general
recommendations of open rack vs. enclosed cabinet? Not much literature on
the topic...

--
Yoann Roman

JosephKK

Yoann Roman wrote:

> I'm looking to move my servers to a rack/cabinet in a 7-ft by 5.5-ft room.
> About 6 tower servers, 1 rack server, 4 rack switches, 3 routers/telecom,
> and 3 non-rack UPS.
>
> Would an enclosed cabinet work in terms of cooling? Any general
> recommendations of open rack vs. enclosed cabinet? Not much literature on
> the topic...

total the watts you pull with all the hardware working hard (fully loaded)
convert to tons of A/C and add that much A/C to the closet.

--
JosephKK