Operating System

Malevious

I just bought a brand new HP tablet and it comes installed with Windows
Vista, but all the stuff for tablets i've tried to download keep telling me
to upgrade to Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005. How the heck do I do this, or
get programs that work for vista?

Charlie Russel - MVP

Vista Home Premium, Vista Ultimate, and all business editions of Vista all
come with Tablet PC functionality, and the Tablet applications are there.

If you don't see tablet functionality in Vista, then the applications won't
see it either. In that case, you're likely missing a driver and you should
contact HP.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Malevious" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just bought a brand new HP tablet and it comes installed with Windows
> Vista, but all the stuff for tablets i've tried to download keep telling
> me
> to upgrade to Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005. How the heck do I do this,
> or
> get programs that work for vista?

Rainald Taesler

Malevious wrote:

> I just bought a brand new HP tablet and it comes installed with
> Windows Vista,

Only too natural!
Vista has for more to offer for TabletPCs than old XP.

> but all the stuff for tablets i've tried to download
> keep telling me to upgrade to Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005. How
> the heck do I do this, or get programs that work for vista?

Which kind of things is this about??
Just tools which don't run under Vista anymore?
In so far most of the old stuff of add-ons etc. (PowerToys and the like)
just don't run under Vista anymore and most of that is not needed
anymore because most things are built-in in Vista.

So pls let us know which "download"-things would not work but needed.

Rainald