Optiplex GX150 - High Density RAM ok?

gonsped@yahoo.com

I wanted to upgrade the memory of my old P3-933MHz from 256MB (twin 128
sticks) to 512MB.

Its been a long time since I used a P3 since I also own a 4GHz, X800
powered AMD machine but I can still remember issues with low density
and high density DRAM back in those days.

Browsing through EBay, it seems the high density DRAM is considerably
cheaper than low-density DRAM and if my vague memory recalls, there are
compatibility problems with the "newer" high density DRAM with some
motherboards.

Will the Optiplex GX150 motherboard be able to withstand TWO, 256MB
PC133 sticks of high density DRAM?

NoNoBadDog!

No.

Bobby

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I wanted to upgrade the memory of my old P3-933MHz from 256MB (twin 128
> sticks) to 512MB.
>
> Its been a long time since I used a P3 since I also own a 4GHz, X800
> powered AMD machine but I can still remember issues with low density
> and high density DRAM back in those days.
>
> Browsing through EBay, it seems the high density DRAM is considerably
> cheaper than low-density DRAM and if my vague memory recalls, there are
> compatibility problems with the "newer" high density DRAM with some
> motherboards.
>
> Will the Optiplex GX150 motherboard be able to withstand TWO, 256MB
> PC133 sticks of high density DRAM?

S.Lewis

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I wanted to upgrade the memory of my old P3-933MHz from 256MB (twin 128
> sticks) to 512MB.
>
> Its been a long time since I used a P3 since I also own a 4GHz, X800
> powered AMD machine but I can still remember issues with low density
> and high density DRAM back in those days.
>
> Browsing through EBay, it seems the high density DRAM is considerably
> cheaper than low-density DRAM and if my vague memory recalls, there are
> compatibility problems with the "newer" high density DRAM with some
> motherboards.
>
> Will the Optiplex GX150 motherboard be able to withstand TWO, 256MB
> PC133 sticks of high density DRAM?

Here's your specs:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...eries&tabid=AM

Stew

GX150 to GX150 drive swop? scooterspal Dell 6 04-21-2009 03:55 PM
What is the difference between High-Density and Low-Density DDR-RAM modules ? Michael Hertz Asus 0 01-12-2008 02:28 PM
high density vs. low density mm Asus 2 10-01-2007 10:45 PM
K7S5a rev3.1 and high-density ram Buffalo ECS 10 03-05-2005 09:23 AM
KT-7 Adding High Density RAM Module, Question Jim Smyth Abit 1 11-29-2003 04:18 AM