Origami Experience Install Problem

dennis j

I have a Fujitsu U810 that I did a system/application recovery on. After
using it for a short time again, I discovered that Origami had not reloaded.
I downloaded the Origami Experience software but when I try to install, it
aborts and tells me it only works on UMPCs (which the U810 is) running Vista
(I'm running Vista Home Premium). Since it requires a validation that you
are running legit software, I would suspect that it isn't recognizing the
UMPC. I did try to install XP Tablet on the PC but never could get the
functionality I wanted so I went back to Vista. Recovery says it clears
everything off the c:drive so that shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas how to
get Origami installed? (I really don't want to do another recovery!)

V Green

"dennis j" <dennis (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Fujitsu U810 that I did a system/application recovery on. After
> using it for a short time again, I discovered that Origami had not reloaded.
> I downloaded the Origami Experience software but when I try to install, it
> aborts and tells me it only works on UMPCs (which the U810 is) running Vista
> (I'm running Vista Home Premium). Since it requires a validation that you
> are running legit software, I would suspect that it isn't recognizing the
> UMPC. I did try to install XP Tablet on the PC but never could get the
> functionality I wanted so I went back to Vista. Recovery says it clears
> everything off the c:drive so that shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas how to
> get Origami installed? (I really don't want to do another recovery!)

Try reposting here:

http://www.umpcportal.com/modules/ne...m.php?forum=16

We've been pretty busy there installing/uninstalling/reinstalling stuff. I
dumped
Vista for XPT so I can't be of help with your issue, but others in the forum
have reinstalled and maybe they can help.

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

Suggest calling fuji telephone tech support... my experience with them
to date (about a year now since I purchased a T4215) has been excellent.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

dennis j

Thanks Beverly, I may try the phone support.

I tried their email support and they said, clean off your hard drive,
re-partition, and re-do the recovery! I like the way Vista and the programs
I've installed look and function right now (still despise Vista O/S, but
that's another issue) and hate to have to spend a day re-doing all of that
just so I MIGHT get Origami! (There was no indication that it didn't install
properly the last time!)

Dennis

"Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:

> Suggest calling fuji telephone tech support... my experience with them
> to date (about a year now since I purchased a T4215) has been excellent.

dennis j

Thanks! I'll try posting at the link. I really don't like Vista, but
couldn't get XPT to be fully functional, so I finally gave up.

Dennis