OS fails to install on EP-8RDA6+Pro

eredlus

I just got my motherboard in and I知 trying to install windows xp. I
have 2GB Corsair XMS PC3200 DDR and 4 WD SATA Raptor drives that i知
going to set up as Raid0 on the secondary RAID controller (the silicon
image one). the computer boots up fine and all the devices are found,
i built the raid array and booted up with the windows cd. I specify
the addition raid driver that i got from the epox cd that came with
the board. after it finishes loading drivers and goes to the next step
of the installation, the computer either reboots or i get a blue
screen with the following stop code - 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,
0x8081898D, 0xF78D2580, 0xF78D227C). I知 starting to suspect it might
be my RAM or video card. the video card is a geforce fx 5900 that i
took out of my previous computer. I致e tried removing the SATA drives
and just using an IDE HDD and it does the same thing so i致e pretty
much ruled out the SATA or raid controller. any help would be
appreciated.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Epox-O...pict57155.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=287524

Install fails problem T.O. Asus 0 02-05-2006 05:41 PM
Windows Update "New Driver" install fails John Blaustein Asus 14 09-10-2004 12:20 PM
ICH5R Raid fails format during XP Pro install. clif Asus 2 05-03-2004 12:31 PM
HELP!! Asus A7V8X-X - XP Install fails with ACPI problem??? Ohaya Asus 2 03-07-2004 07:52 AM
Windows fails to install Asus 0 11-19-2003 07:10 PM