OT? Internet Security for my Dell 2400

999mihalaki@earthlink.net

Looks as if I may have to give up computing. I can only afford DIAL
UP, which is not conducive to the 'startup' downloading of 90MB's
of anti-virus definitions...as PC TOOLS requires

Apple is MUCH smarter. "Intego" security software for Apple, offers
the downloads, broken down into 5 different areas, so you're not
online for hours and hours,only to be knocked off line, for whatever
reason. If someone offered that for DIAL UP PC's? WOW!!!

Any suggestions? I asked PC Tools, but they said to have a friend on
broadband do it for me. What friend would load the behemoth PC Tools
on his PC , then download 90mbs of definitions , then transfer it
over to my PC, or burn it on a CD, then erase everything from his
computer; I haven't seen any friends like that in years! And I don't
have family.

Need suggestions, please?

Bob Villa

On Nov 21, 7:39*am, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Looks as if I may have to give up computing. I can only afford DIAL
> UP, which *is *not conducive to the 'startup' *downloading of 90MB's
> of anti-virus definitions...as *PC TOOLS requires
>
> Apple is MUCH smarter. "Intego" security software for Apple, offers
> the downloads, broken down into 5 different areas, *so you're not
> online for hours and hours,only to be knocked off line, for whatever
> reason. If someone offered that for DIAL UP PC's? *WOW!!!
>
> Any suggestions? I asked PC Tools, but *they said to have a friend on
> broadband do it for me. What friend would load the behemoth PC Tools
> on his PC , *then download 90mbs of definitions , then transfer it
> over to my PC, or burn it on a CD, then erase everything from his
> computer; I haven't seen any friends like that in years! And I don't
> have family.
>
> Need suggestions, please?

90Mb to a flash drive would be a snap for anyone with cable or DSL (I
do it at work and bring it home). You could also download Avast
Free!. It's just A/V but works well with dial-up and it's not a huge
download.

Pen

> Looks as if I may have to give up computing. I can only afford DIAL
> UP, which is not conducive to the 'startup' downloading of 90MB's
> of anti-virus definitions...as PC TOOLS requires
>
> Apple is MUCH smarter. "Intego" security software for Apple, offers
> the downloads, broken down into 5 different areas, so you're not
> online for hours and hours,only to be knocked off line, for whatever
> reason. If someone offered that for DIAL UP PC's? WOW!!!
>
> Any suggestions? I asked PC Tools, but they said to have a friend on
> broadband do it for me. What friend would load the behemoth PC Tools
> on his PC , then download 90mbs of definitions , then transfer it
> over to my PC, or burn it on a CD, then erase everything from his
> computer; I haven't seen any friends like that in years! And I don't
> have family.
>
> Need suggestions, please?

Microsoft Security Essentials is only 12.4MB.
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

999mihalaki@earthlink.net

On Nov 21, 7:47*am, Bob Villa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 7:39*am, "(E-Mail Removed)"
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Looks as if I may have to give up computing. I can only afford DIAL
> > UP, which *is *not conducive to the 'startup' *downloading of 90MB's
> > of anti-virus definitions...as *PC TOOLS requires

> > Apple is MUCH smarter. "Intego" security software for Apple, offers
> > the downloads, broken down into 5 different areas, *so you're not
> > online for hours and hours,only to be knocked off line, for whatever
> > reason. If someone offered that for DIAL UP PC's? *WOW!!!

> > Any suggestions? I asked PC Tools, but *they said to have a friend on
> > broadband do it for me. What friend would load the behemoth PC Tools
> > on his PC , *then download 90mbs of definitions , then transfer it
> > over to my PC, or burn it on a CD, then erase everything from his
> > computer; I haven't seen any friends like that in years! And I don't
> > have family.

> > Need suggestions, please?

> 90Mb to a flash drive would be a snap for anyone with cable or DSL (I
> do it at work and bring it home). *You could also download Avast
> Free!. *It's just A/V but works well with dial-up and it's not a huge
> download.

Thanx! I had a tire fixed at, "Discount Tires" last week. the guy's
name was Bob Villa! Imagine? Two in one week. Or.....just one???

Bob Villa

On Nov 21, 9:20*am, Pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 11/21/2010 8:39 AM, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Looks as if I may have to give up computing. I can only afford DIAL
> > UP, which *is *not conducive to the 'startup' *downloading of 90MB's
> > of anti-virus definitions...as *PC TOOLS requires

> > Apple is MUCH smarter. "Intego" security software for Apple, offers
> > the downloads, broken down into 5 different areas, *so you're not
> > online for hours and hours,only to be knocked off line, for whatever
> > reason. If someone offered that for DIAL UP PC's? *WOW!!!

> > Any suggestions? I asked PC Tools, but *they said to have a friend on
> > broadband do it for me. What friend would load the behemoth PC Tools
> > on his PC , *then download 90mbs of definitions , then transfer it
> > over to my PC, or burn it on a CD, then erase everything from his
> > computer; I haven't seen any friends like that in years! And I don't
> > have family.

> > Need suggestions, please?

> Microsoft Security Essentials is only 12.4MB.http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

I tried MSE and it is problematic updating on a slow connection. I
had to remove it.

Bob Villa

On Nov 21, 9:26*am, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 7:47*am, Bob Villa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > 90Mb to a flash drive would be a snap for anyone with cable or DSL (I
> > do it at work and bring it home). *You could also download Avast
> > Free!. *It's just A/V but works well with dial-up and it's not a huge
> > download.

> Thanx! *I had a tire fixed at, "Discount Tires" last week. the guy's
> name was Bob Villa! *Imagine? Two in one week. Or.....just one???

No that was the real Bob Villa at the tire place...I managed to
procure the name from Google.