How to overclock

Ray Copper

I have an IC7-G with 3GHz P4 800FSB, PC3200 RAM. I have never
overclocked, and want to have a go. Can someone give some guidance of
what settings to change? P4 is Zalman 7000Cu cooled
TIA

Richard Hopkins

"Ray Copper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
>I have an IC7-G with 3GHz P4 800FSB, PC3200 RAM. I have
> never overclocked, and want to have a go. Can someone give some
> guidance of what settings to change? P4 is Zalman 7000Cu cooled

The only way to increase the speed of your processor is to raise the front
side bus speed. However, your PC3200 memory may prove to be a bit of a
limiting factor here, so it's not simply a case of whacking it up as far as
it'll go.

Overclocking your system properly will involve changing a combination of
settings and it's not as though we can tell you what the best combination
will be. Read this newsgroup, read the overclocking newsgroup, and above all
have a good scan of your manual to work out what the controls in the
Softmenu and Advanced Chipset Settings pages of the BIOS actually do.

Once you've worked out what everything actually does, you'll soon be able to
find the limits of your processor and memory - and work out the combination
of settings that gives you the best of both.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

nf7 overclock question elrod Abit 6 01-24-2004 04:59 AM
overclock question Martijn Stam Abit 2 12-25-2003 03:36 AM
SE6: overclock problems (nothing extreme, just FSB 66->100) GinTonix Abit 8 10-19-2003 11:11 PM
Opinions and advice on Overclock please... tHatDudeUK Abit 17 09-15-2003 06:11 PM
BZBOYZ AUTHENTIC AMD overclock or scam from seller HELP!!! john private smith Abit 10 08-09-2003 02:54 AM