Overclocking the GA-X38-DQ6 MB

iret

I have a new Intel quad-core system Q6000 GO stepping, watercooled. CP
stock speed is 2.4 Ghz. I've been able to get the FSB up to 385 MHz x
= 3.465 GHz. But at 390 MHz the FSB eventually causes problems in m
stress test. (My temperatures are under good control).
I have the CPU voltage control up from stock of 1.30 V to 1.40 volt
System Memory Multiplier at 2.66. (I have 4 Gig of high quality RAM OC
1150 MHz DDR2--PC1150.)
FSB OverVoltage control is at +0.10V; G(MCH) OverVoltage at +0.05.
I can get into Windows and run my stress test, sometimes for 2
minutes, but then Windows shuts down the app. Other times, on movin
the mouse, I get a black screen and reboot, and so have to go back t
385 FSB.
From what I have read, 3.8 GHz CPU speed should be doable, e.g., with
fixed 9 X multiplier, I should be able to get the FSB up to aobut 42
MHz.
Any suggestions?
_________________
'chase visa credit card account access
(http://www.credit-card-apply-online-here.com) 'Live premiershi
football' (http://www.livesportstv.co.uk

--
iret

Ed Medlin

"iret" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have a new Intel quad-core system Q6000 GO stepping, watercooled. CPU
> stock speed is 2.4 Ghz. I've been able to get the FSB up to 385 MHz x 9
> = 3.465 GHz. But at 390 MHz the FSB eventually causes problems in my
> stress test. (My temperatures are under good control).
> I have the CPU voltage control up from stock of 1.30 V to 1.40 volt,
> System Memory Multiplier at 2.66. (I have 4 Gig of high quality RAM OCZ
> 1150 MHz DDR2--PC1150.)
> FSB OverVoltage control is at +0.10V; G(MCH) OverVoltage at +0.05.
> I can get into Windows and run my stress test, sometimes for 20
> minutes, but then Windows shuts down the app. Other times, on moving
> the mouse, I get a black screen and reboot, and so have to go back to
> 385 FSB.
> From what I have read, 3.8 GHz CPU speed should be doable, e.g., with a
> fixed 9 X multiplier, I should be able to get the FSB up to aobut 422
> MHz.
> Any suggestions?

3.8GHz may be doable with a few processors, but not any E6600s or Q6600s on
air or water cooling that I have seen or heard about. My Q6600 G0 will do
3.4GHz on liquid cooling but starts to get flaky at any FSB over 1500 or so.
3.4 is a good OC for the Q6600 G0. Heat isn't the issue for me, my processor
just won't do anymore.

Ed

Ivan

"iret" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have a new Intel quad-core system Q6000 GO stepping, watercooled. CPU
> stock speed is 2.4 Ghz. I've been able to get the FSB up to 385 MHz x 9
> = 3.465 GHz. But at 390 MHz the FSB eventually causes problems in my
> stress test. (My temperatures are under good control).
> I have the CPU voltage control up from stock of 1.30 V to 1.40 volt,
> System Memory Multiplier at 2.66. (I have 4 Gig of high quality RAM OCZ
> 1150 MHz DDR2--PC1150.)
> FSB OverVoltage control is at +0.10V; G(MCH) OverVoltage at +0.05.
> I can get into Windows and run my stress test, sometimes for 20
> minutes, but then Windows shuts down the app. Other times, on moving
> the mouse, I get a black screen and reboot, and so have to go back to
> 385 FSB.
> From what I have read, 3.8 GHz CPU speed should be doable, e.g., with a
> fixed 9 X multiplier, I should be able to get the FSB up to aobut 422
> MHz.
> Any suggestions?
> 'chase visa credit card account access'
> (http://www.credit-card-apply-online-here.com) 'Live premiership
> football' (http://www.livesportstv.co.uk)
>

> --
> iret

My E6320 goes over 3.03 Ghz on X38-DQ6 so E/Q6600 should go even further.