Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Overclocking sucess XP 2500+ Barton on ASRock K7S8XE V3.0

 
 
Andreas Scheer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-22-2003, 11:14 AM
Hi,

just for information:
AMD XP2500+ Barton (166 MHz fsb) runs here with fsb 200 on the new ASRock
K7S8XE V3.0 prime95 stable for hours without rising up the vcore: 2,2 GHz
physical clock. Related to AMDs p-rating it should be around XP3200+. The
cpu stepping is AQZEA.RAM: MDT PC3200, 512 MB, CL 2,5. The cpu temperature
under load is 53°C only (room 21°C). The cooler is a Arctic Copper Silent
pro 2 TC.

Next days I will try to increase the multi from 11 to 12.

So far it's a fantastic cpu, I got the last one with this stepping from my
dealer :-)

Bye
Andreas (Germany)


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Cheah TE
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-22-2003, 04:42 PM
| without rising up the vcore

AMD's default Vcore`s seem always unnecessarily high : my K6III400
& D750's 2.4 & 1.6v are enough for 460 & 825mhz : [i] waste
electricity & aircon bill [ii] produce useless & dreadful ( *esp in hot
climate ) heat for users who don't OC [iii] the excess heat slow cpu &
n-bridge [iv] reduce maximum ambient tmprtre acceptable*, life of cpu
& n-bridge, own popularity* & sales.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andreas Scheer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003, 06:46 AM
> Next days I will try to increase the multi from 11 to 12.

Did it yesterday:

206 MHz fsb, 11x , Vcore at default & +5%, -> didn't boot
200 MHz fsb, 11,5x, Vcore at default -> hangs during boot
200 MHz fsb, 11,5x, Vcore +5% -> is running, but not stable in prime95
200 MHz fsb, 12x, Vcore +5% -> didn't boot
202 MHz fsb, 11x, Vcore at default -> runs prime stable, and so I will let
it work. This corresponds to a p-rating of XP 3220+ (regarding Central Brain
Identifier).

I could surely try to lower the fsb to get the chance for higher the multi,
but for me the fsb has first priority to improve the bottleneck between cpu
& ram.

The K7S8XE does not supports to adjust the voltage by a certain value, there
is just only one option in the bios to increase the vcore by 5%.

Bye
Andreas


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ed
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003, 09:10 AM
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:46:30 +0200, "Andreas Scheer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The K7S8XE does not supports to adjust the voltage by a certain value, there
>is just only one option in the bios to increase the vcore by 5%.
>
>Bye
>Andreas
>


Wire in the socket mod...
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/ht...md_pinmod.html

Cheers,
Ed


 
Reply With Quote
 
Wes Newell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003, 03:49 PM
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:46:30 +0200, Andreas Scheer wrote:

> The K7S8XE does not supports to adjust the voltage by a certain value, there
> is just only one option in the bios to increase the vcore by 5%.
>

One piece of wire in the socket will get you 1.85v + 5% (if you want it),
almost 1.95v.

--
Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Andreas Scheer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-24-2003, 08:12 AM
Wes Newell wrote:

> One piece of wire in the socket will get you 1.85v + 5% (if you want
> it), almost 1.95v.


Thanks for your suggestion, but I decided to live with 200x11 until I really
need more power. My system is rather fast now and with 53°C acceptable warm,
in spite of air cooling. I will enjoy it for a while ;-)

Bye
Andreas


 
Reply With Quote
 
mark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2003, 05:17 AM
3200rating is nice, I have mine running like that at 1.75vcore. But in
sandra it compares to a 2700xp TB cpu.

"Andreas Scheer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bn7tg6$q6a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Next days I will try to increase the multi from 11 to 12.

>
> Did it yesterday:
>
> 206 MHz fsb, 11x , Vcore at default & +5%, -> didn't boot
> 200 MHz fsb, 11,5x, Vcore at default -> hangs during boot
> 200 MHz fsb, 11,5x, Vcore +5% -> is running, but not stable in prime95
> 200 MHz fsb, 12x, Vcore +5% -> didn't boot
> 202 MHz fsb, 11x, Vcore at default -> runs prime stable, and so I will let
> it work. This corresponds to a p-rating of XP 3220+ (regarding Central

Brain
> Identifier).
>
> I could surely try to lower the fsb to get the chance for higher the

multi,
> but for me the fsb has first priority to improve the bottleneck between

cpu
> & ram.
>
> The K7S8XE does not supports to adjust the voltage by a certain value,

there
> is just only one option in the bios to increase the vcore by 5%.
>
> Bye
> Andreas
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Debian AMD64 on A8V sucess? Greg White Asus 0 09-08-2005 02:25 PM
ASROCK K7S8XE - boot problem katherat ASRock 2 09-24-2004 07:09 PM
Asrock K7S8XE 1.0.Asus? Shepİ ASRock 1 11-26-2003 08:16 AM
Need help overclocking Barton 2500+ on AsRock K7VM4 and video capture questions Bill ASRock 6 11-21-2003 06:25 PM
Need help overclocking Barton 2500+ on AsRock K7VM4 and video capture questions Bill ASRock 7 11-21-2003 06:25 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment