overlay in matrox g450 tv-out exit

yoav

Hello,

I have a matrox G450 card which I use in an entertainment system with
only a TV connected to it. Naturally I connect the TV to the secondary
RGB exit with the Matrox proprietary convert cable (using the S-video
exit). I purchased this card after browsing the newsgroups and
learning that it has the best TV-out (and indeed the quality is
great).

The problem I have is that when i clone the desktop to the secondary
exit, I cannot see any video stream in ther player (for example,
windows media player is displayed in a window, I hear the sound, but
there is no picture). When I use the DVDMax feature, I get a full
screen video with the sound, BUT (and this is the problem) if I use
external subtitles - they are not displayed

I learned from Matrox support that the secondary RGB exit does not
support overlay, and this is the reason why it can either display a PC
dektop (with no video) or a full-screen video (using DVDMax).

Does anyone have a solution that will allow me to use the TV as a
regular PC screen, showing the desktop applcations with video display,
so I dont have to use DVDMax ?

Thanks
Yoav

Overlay Failed/Create Overlay Failed Error Message? Bay G ATI 0 01-16-2010 10:04 AM
G450 - TV OUT as PRIMARY or OVERLAY in windowed mode? Poot Matrox 1 03-17-2006 04:16 PM
G450 Hans Windows 98se exit John Dulak Matrox 8 08-10-2005 12:10 PM
VA-503+ and Matrox G450 gunnar FIC 4 02-07-2004 01:11 PM
Matrox Marvel G450 TV I/O vs NVIDIA or ATI Don Lindbergh Matrox 0 07-02-2003 12:36 AM