P4 2.8Ghz on MX46-533V

Mark Larsen

Hi all

I have bought a new P4 2.8Ghz CPU to upgrade my MX46-533V mobo.

On the aopen homepage it is listet as has been passed on thios mobo but
the cpu wont work on this mobo I have triede allmost everything - reset
bios - unplugged everything to see if i had enough power but this CPU
stays ice cold - and unoperational - the only thing I havn't tried is to
get another memory module the one im using now is a 400MHZ FSB
card - my question is does the P4 which has a 533FSB requires a
533MHZ FSB memory module to operate.

All taken into consideration the CPU should work with the memory I
have for the moment if it makes 7*400=2.8Ghz but I have not been
able to find any information on whether the CPU FSB and the Memory FSB
should correspond to each other.

Any Ideas ?

Regards
Mark Larsen

John7

Mark,

If the mainbord is not wired to the case you need to short the mainboard
power switch jumper to boot the system.

If it does for a fraction of time or your cpu stays ice cold, the power
supply may lack power to supply board, cpu and dimm. Get a bigger one.

HTH,
John7

news:CVc2d.4308$(E-Mail Removed)2net.dk...