P4C800 deluxe - boot problem

Kenchie

I have recently built a pc with the following config;

P4C800 dlx
P4 2.8
1GB ram
Primary master - none
Primary slave - none
Secondary master - DVD
Secondary slave - CD-RW
3rd master - Sata 120gb Barracuda
4th master - Sata 80gb Maxtor

On booting, I get a blue screen with 'unknown hardware error'
I then press reset, and it boots perfectly.

Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this please?

TIA
--
Kenchie
<Insert unfunny tagline here>

Kenchie

The SATAs are non-raid by the way!

--
Kenchie
<Insert unfunny tagline here>
__!__
____(_)_____
! ! !

Kenchie

I have recently built a pc with the following config;

P4C800 dlx
P4 2.8
1GB ram
Primary master - none
Primary slave - none
Secondary master - DVD
Secondary slave - CD-RW
3rd master - Sata 120gb Barracuda
4th master - Sata 80gb Maxtor

The drives are not RAID

On booting, it fails to detect the 3rd master, and I get a blue screen
with 'unknown hard error'. If I press reset, it detects the disk and
boots normally.

Anyone know what might be causing this please?

TIA

Joachim Klein

Which SATA ports do you use ? Only the ports supplied by the Intel ICH5R,
only the ports supplied by the Promise 378 chip or one of each type ?
If so, try to use 2 ports of the same type...

Cya -

Joachim

news:(E-Mail Removed)...