P4C800-e and X-Fi

Hi

Is it possible to install a Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card and also use the
onboard SoundMAX card as well. I have a Antec 160 case and would like to
keep using the front Audio connectors, and the Sound Blaster does not seem
to have the correct pins for the front panel. I would also like to have my
microphone plugged into the onboard sound card and my spdif connection in
the Sound Blaster. The Sound Blaster only has one port for the microphone
and digital out.

--
Regards

Brett

"Bacon and eggs. A lifetime commitment for a pig, a day's work for a
chicken"

DRS

"123" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:el3323$648$(E-Mail Removed)
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to install a Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card and also
> use the onboard SoundMAX card as well. I have a Antec 160 case and
> would like to keep using the front Audio connectors, and the Sound
> Blaster does not seem to have the correct pins for the front panel.

It is possible to connect the analogue jacks to the XFi Extreme Music card,
despite what Creative's support will tell you. See
http://forums.creative.com:80/creati...ssage.id=53474

DaveW

You CANNOT use both the onboard sound and a soundcard at the same time.

--
DaveW

----------------
"123" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:el3323$648$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to install a Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card and also use the
> onboard SoundMAX card as well. I have a Antec 160 case and would like to
> keep using the front Audio connectors, and the Sound Blaster does not seem
> to have the correct pins for the front panel. I would also like to have my
> microphone plugged into the onboard sound card and my spdif connection in
> the Sound Blaster. The Sound Blaster only has one port for the microphone
> and digital out.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Brett
>
> "Bacon and eggs. A lifetime commitment for a pig, a day's work for a
> chicken"

Hi

Installed the X-Fi, and the onboard sound also still works. I use the X-Fi
for all audio playback. The onboard sound card is used for recording. Works
like a charm, and there were no tricks involved.

"DaveW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> You CANNOT use both the onboard sound and a soundcard at the same time.
>
> --
> DaveW
>
> ----------------
> "123" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:el3323$648$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>>
>> Is it possible to install a Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card and also use
>> the onboard SoundMAX card as well. I have a Antec 160 case and would like
>> to keep using the front Audio connectors, and the Sound Blaster does not
>> seem to have the correct pins for the front panel. I would also like to
>> have my microphone plugged into the onboard sound card and my spdif
>> connection in the Sound Blaster. The Sound Blaster only has one port for
>> the microphone and digital out.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> Brett
>>
>> "Bacon and eggs. A lifetime commitment for a pig, a day's work for a
>> chicken"

tcsenter

123 wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to install a Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card and also use the
> onboard SoundMAX card as well.

This is usually possible if the BIOS was not designed to automatically
disable the onboard audio device when a second audio device is present,
but that doesn't mean the drivers will always get along well. Some
motherboard have two options for onboard audio; auto and disabled. The
'auto' option typically will let the BIOS disable onboard audio when it
detects another audio device during POST. The enabled option will
leave the audio enabled no matter what.

Good luck!

Regards,

Tim