P4C800-E Deluxe

Algernon

I just bought a new one of these. I get several tonal beeps on
startup and have traced the issue to connected USB devices. If I
disconnect all USB devices, I get a beep free startup. If I connect
one USB device, say a printer, I get one beep. If I connect the
Keyboard USB connector, a get 2 tonal beeps. I have 4 USB connected
devices in total connected and I get a total of 4 beeps: 1 Low, 1
High, 2 Low tones. The Technicians at the computer shop where I
bought it say these beeps are normal but I am suspect. Can anyone
confirm if this is, in fact, normal behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

JohnJeninga

It is normal for those boards.

"Algernon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just bought a new one of these. I get several tonal beeps on
> startup and have traced the issue to connected USB devices. If I
> disconnect all USB devices, I get a beep free startup. If I connect
> one USB device, say a printer, I get one beep. If I connect the
> Keyboard USB connector, a get 2 tonal beeps. I have 4 USB connected
> devices in total connected and I get a total of 4 beeps: 1 Low, 1
> High, 2 Low tones. The Technicians at the computer shop where I
> bought it say these beeps are normal but I am suspect. Can anyone
> confirm if this is, in fact, normal behavior?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bob

Algernon

Thanks for letting me know. After 20 years of associating startup
beeps with nothing but trouble, It's difficult to now accept them as
normal. It seems like a strange move especially when the purpose of
doing it now still eludes me.

Thanks again,

Bob

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:25:23 -0500, "JohnJeninga"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It is normal for those boards.
>
>"Algernon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I just bought a new one of these. I get several tonal beeps on
>> startup and have traced the issue to connected USB devices. If I
>> disconnect all USB devices, I get a beep free startup. If I connect
>> one USB device, say a printer, I get one beep. If I connect the
>> Keyboard USB connector, a get 2 tonal beeps. I have 4 USB connected
>> devices in total connected and I get a total of 4 beeps: 1 Low, 1
>> High, 2 Low tones. The Technicians at the computer shop where I
>> bought it say these beeps are normal but I am suspect. Can anyone
>> confirm if this is, in fact, normal behavior?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Bob

Paul

Hi - yes me too!

Thanks for your thread - I get two beeps at startup One high and one low at
the time the initial Asus Screen is on and then after the RAID config POST
screens disappear, at the time Windows kicks in I get the more usual "one
beep" which seems to indicate that all is well. This latter beep is I think
the more usual "beep code" the other ones, well until this thread, I was
mystified about. At some stage during my build, I have lost the Voice POST
messages, which believe it or not, I Like, and wondered whether these two
initial beeps had anything to do with it. At the moment I have the
following USB devices attached: -

USB Printer
USB Mouse
USB Scanner
USB Speakers (for some reason my Monitor speakers connect to both the s/c's
speaker outputs and a USB port.

So four devices and two beeps - what gives here then?

Paul

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector