P4C800E Deluxe - Disable Intel P4 logo on bottom right corner at boot?

Noozer

Hey all!

Is there a way to disable the Intel P4 logo that shows up on the bottom
right corner of the boot logo when the PC starts?

For some reason I think I read that it only appears once and shouldn't keep
coming up - but I could be wrong.

Thanks!

Tritium

Noozer wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> Is there a way to disable the Intel P4 logo that shows up on the bottom
> right corner of the boot logo when the PC starts?
>
> For some reason I think I read that it only appears once and shouldn't keep
> coming up - but I could be wrong.
>
> Thanks!

Read the manual. There is a setting that can be set to
bypass this particular pre-POST screen.

Noozer

"Tritium" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Noozer wrote:
>
> > Hey all!
> >
> > Is there a way to disable the Intel P4 logo that shows up on the bottom
> > right corner of the boot logo when the PC starts?
> >
> > For some reason I think I read that it only appears once and shouldn't

keep
> > coming up - but I could be wrong.
> >
> > Thanks!

> Read the manual. There is a setting that can be set to
> bypass this particular pre-POST screen.

I want the boot logo... I don't want the Intel logo. It hasn't always been
there when I boot and I'm trying to figure out why.

Darkfalz

"Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

> "Tritium" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Noozer wrote:
> >
> > > Hey all!
> > >
> > > Is there a way to disable the Intel P4 logo that shows up on the

bottom
> > > right corner of the boot logo when the PC starts?
> > >
> > > For some reason I think I read that it only appears once and shouldn't

> keep
> > > coming up - but I could be wrong.
> > >
> > > Thanks!

> > Read the manual. There is a setting that can be set to
> > bypass this particular pre-POST screen.

> I want the boot logo... I don't want the Intel logo. It hasn't always been
> there when I boot and I'm trying to figure out why.

Why would it only appear once? This board doesn't work with any other CPUs.

Philip Callan

Darkfalz

> Uhhm. You may want to retract that statement.
>
> A brief perusal of the cpu support page at asus:
>
> http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
>
> And you will see at last count, the P4C800-E supports 43 processors in
> the Socket 478 Category.
>
> 11 Are Celerons
> 14 are 400 FSB P4
> 7 are 533 FSB P4, of which only the 3.06 is HT capable.

Yes, all Pentium 4 based CPUs.

Philip Callan

CarSeeker

"Darkfalz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0pcm2$19fioh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Uhhm. You may want to retract that statement.
> >
> > A brief perusal of the cpu support page at asus:
> >
> > http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
> >
> > And you will see at last count, the P4C800-E supports 43 processors in
> > the Socket 478 Category.
> >
> > 11 Are Celerons
> > 14 are 400 FSB P4
> > 7 are 533 FSB P4, of which only the 3.06 is HT capable.

> Yes, all Pentium 4 based CPUs.

So, Celerons are HT capable then? That's what the logo says when I boot - P4
& Hyperthreading. Of course I have a real P4 and not a Celeron, but you seem
to be saying that all of the CPU's listed will show this logo.