P4DC6+ BIOS and SATA Question

Luigi

I am running BIOS rev 1.2c on the P4DC6+. I just installed 2 new
Hitachi 7K250 160GB SATA drives, attached to a Promise TX2Plus
controller card. The controller supports 2 parallel ATA drives in
addition to 2 SATA drives. I have two Western Digital UDMA5 drives
attached to the Parallel interface.

My problem is that the Promise card reports all 4 drives as UDMA5 during
the boot process, instead of showing the 2 Hitachis as "Serial ATA".
The implication (verified by SiSoft Sandra) is that the new drives are
running at 2/3 of their rated speed (100 mbps vs. 150).

Could this be a motherboard BIOS issue? I am hesitant to install the
most recent BIOS (1.3) until I know whether it should fix the problem or
not.

Thanks...

A_Newsreader

Luigi,

One problem that you *may* have, kinda related (once you've read what
I have to say), is that you may find you're gonna run into problems
flashing the BIOS.

I am no expert but this is where I'm at with my mobo. I cannot get to
update the bios. I've created a Bios diskette, but it says at boot up
time that it cannot find the AWDFLASH.EXE UTILITY.

Be interested to see what you or others may say about this.

Sorry for jumping in on your original post like this.