P4PE POWER UP PROBLEM

T-Man

My Asus P4PE will not power up even though the green light on the MB is lit.
I checked the AGP warning light and it is not lit. I was hooking up another
drive and the computer would not reboot afterward. Took the drive out and
tried everything I can think of. Anybody know of a fuse or reset on the
board? No fan, or anything. Just a gren light on the board lit.
TIA
Pat

NoneOfBusiness

Pull your power supply out of your case and try again. I have had
power supplies that for whatever reason seem like they are grounded
out and doing this usually resolves the problem. Once you know it will
boot screw it back in place.

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:28:13 GMT, "T-Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My Asus P4PE will not power up even though the green light on the MB is lit.
>I checked the AGP warning light and it is not lit. I was hooking up another
>drive and the computer would not reboot afterward. Took the drive out and
>tried everything I can think of. Anybody know of a fuse or reset on the
>board? No fan, or anything. Just a gren light on the board lit.
>TIA
>Pat

T-Man

Thank You. I did as you suggested and it worked. Strange!
Pat

NoneOfBusiness <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> Pull your power supply out of your case and try again. I have had
> power supplies that for whatever reason seem like they are grounded
> out and doing this usually resolves the problem. Once you know it will
> boot screw it back in place.

Gary Hegan

One thing I have found out that can happen is if you plug the power
connector to the floppy drive make sure you don't miss one of pins and if
you do it shorts out the PSU and will not power up the system. I have seen
this happen twice.

--
Regards
(-: Gary Hegan :-)

"T-Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93A8775BB327Dphippserolscom@199.45.49.11.. .
> Thank You. I did as you suggested and it worked. Strange!
> Pat
>

> NoneOfBusiness <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Pull your power supply out of your case and try again. I have had
> > power supplies that for whatever reason seem like they are grounded
> > out and doing this usually resolves the problem. Once you know it will
> > boot screw it back in place.

SpaceBug

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:57:32 GMT, "Gary Hegan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>One thing I have found out that can happen is if you plug the power
>connector to the floppy drive make sure you don't miss one of pins and if
>you do it shorts out the PSU and will not power up the system. I have seen
>this happen twice.

Or blow your floppy drive to heaven if you misplace the power
connector.

P4PE upgrade with new video card (was: RAM for P4PE) Lars-Erik ěsterud Nvidia 0 01-23-2007 02:24 AM
P4PE power/boot problem jeremyal Asus 3 01-31-2005 04:11 AM
Who knows the last reveision no. for P4PE-X and P4PE-X/TE? Dieter Rausch Asus 0 05-20-2004 01:11 PM
Re: Problem with P4PE Hugh O'Brien Asus 0 07-23-2003 08:17 PM
Re: P4PE/P4PE-X Manny Asus 0 07-18-2003 03:48 AM