p5w dh ADH Connector

d_norbert

any information about this connector placed on the mainboard are wellcome.

Thanks

Norbert

Paul

d_norbert wrote:
> any information about this connector placed on the mainboard are wellcome.
>
> Thanks
>
> Norbert

Use the AC'97 mode. A microphone jack has three wires.
A headphone has three wires. Many cases share the GND
connection for those two interfaces. Thus, you may find
five wires coming from the computer case front panel.
Five wires is all you need. The "return" signals are
not used with this header wiring. Neither are jumper
plugs used on the header.

MIC2_L = MIC
MIC2_R = MICPWR

and the rest may be obvious by its naming (i.e. L, R, GND
for headphone).

If you need further help, please post the names printed
on the ends of the computer case wiring.

Paul

d_norbert

Paul schrieb:

> Use the AC'97 mode. A microphone jack has three wires.
> A headphone has three wires. Many cases share the GND
> connection for those two interfaces. Thus, you may find
> five wires coming from the computer case front panel.
> Five wires is all you need. The "return" signals are
> not used with this header wiring. Neither are jumper
> plugs used on the header.
>
> MIC2_L = MIC
> MIC2_R = MICPWR
>
> and the rest may be obvious by its naming (i.e. L, R, GND
> for headphone).
>
> If you need further help, please post the names printed
> on the ends of the computer case wiring.

Paul,

Thanks for your response, just to clearify:
does that mean i can use the ADH connector instead of the AADP connector
in AC97 mode (or HD Mode) cause the headphone recognition of my
frontpanel jacks does not work?

Thanks

Norbert

Paul

d_norbert wrote:
> Paul schrieb:
>

>> Use the AC'97 mode. A microphone jack has three wires.
>> A headphone has three wires. Many cases share the GND
>> connection for those two interfaces. Thus, you may find
>> five wires coming from the computer case front panel.
>> Five wires is all you need. The "return" signals are
>> not used with this header wiring. Neither are jumper
>> plugs used on the header.
>>
>> MIC2_L = MIC
>> MIC2_R = MICPWR
>>
>> and the rest may be obvious by its naming (i.e. L, R, GND
>> for headphone).
>>
>> If you need further help, please post the names printed
>> on the ends of the computer case wiring.

> Paul,
>
> Thanks for your response, just to clearify:
> does that mean i can use the ADH connector instead of the AADP connector
> in AC97 mode (or HD Mode) cause the headphone recognition of my
> frontpanel jacks does not work?
>
> Thanks
>
> Norbert

Use - "Legacy AC'97 Audio Pin Definition"

AAFP

NC X X Line_out_L <-------> HEADPHONE_L
X NC
NC X X Line_out_R <-------> HEADPHONE_R
NC X X MIC2_R <-----------> MICPWR
GND <-------> AGND X X MIC2_L <-----------> MIC

Set the BIOS to:

"Front Panel Support Type" [AC97]

You use AC97 as the setting type, as your computer case wiring has
no SENSE_SEND and SENSE_RETURN.

Also, pick up the latest RealTek driver, from ReakTek. This
might not be the exactly correct page, and you may want to
start on the main web page, and find the correct download
file. The file listed on this page today is WDM_R149.zip .

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

As far as I know, all computer case wiring is some variation
on AC'97 compatible wiring. Connecting the five connections
above should be enough to make it operate. In AC'97 mode,
the system is not expecting to use the Sense function. The
built-in impedance sensing function inside the Hdaudio chip,
should detect the headphone when it is plugged in. Is
the headphone a normal 32 ohm device ? With some of the
HDaudio software, a dialog box should appear when the
headphones are plugged in.

There are some pictures of the Realtek software interface
here:

http://www.ixbt.com/multimedia/intel-hdaudio.shtml

And if it still doesn't work, changing the BIOS setting
is all that is left to try.

Paul

d_norbert

Paul schrieb:

> Use - "Legacy AC'97 Audio Pin Definition"
>
> AAFP
>
> NC X X Line_out_L <-------> HEADPHONE_L
> X NC
> NC X X Line_out_R <-------> HEADPHONE_R
> NC X X MIC2_R <-----------> MICPWR
> GND <-------> AGND X X MIC2_L <-----------> MIC
>
> Set the BIOS to:
>
> "Front Panel Support Type" [AC97]
>
> You use AC97 as the setting type, as your computer case wiring has
> no SENSE_SEND and SENSE_RETURN.
>
> Also, pick up the latest RealTek driver, from ReakTek. This
> might not be the exactly correct page, and you may want to
> start on the main web page, and find the correct download
> file. The file listed on this page today is WDM_R149.zip .
>
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>

> As far as I know, all computer case wiring is some variation
> on AC'97 compatible wiring. Connecting the five connections
> above should be enough to make it operate. In AC'97 mode,
> the system is not expecting to use the Sense function. The
> built-in impedance sensing function inside the Hdaudio chip,
> should detect the headphone when it is plugged in. Is
> the headphone a normal 32 ohm device ? With some of the
> HDaudio software, a dialog box should appear when the
> headphones are plugged in.
>
> There are some pictures of the Realtek software interface
> here:
>
> http://www.ixbt.com/multimedia/intel-hdaudio.shtml
>
> And if it still doesn't work, changing the BIOS setting
> is all that is left to try.
>
> Paul

Paul,

as always a very competent answer. Thanks for your effort.
Hopefully i can now make the right connections so that my frontpanel
will recognize the headphones.
--

Kind regards

Norbert