P5WD2 - Stuck on "Please wait for IDE scan"

Junior Member

I recently attempted to install a second hard drive in my system. When everything was mounted and plugged-in securely, I turned on my PC, saw the ASUS splash screen and the usual IDE scan screen, however it does not move/advance from this point.

I attempted to access the BIOS by holding/tapping the "del" key...It showed another quick splash screen, the brought me back to the "Please wait for IDE scan" screen.

I've waited for ten minutes on this screen, but nothing ever happens.

I attempted to flash/reset the BIOS by taking out the battery, waited, put it back in and tried to access the BIOS again...Nothing. It stills stays on the IDE scan screen.

All my cables are snug and secure. I have no clue where to go from here. Please help. Thank you!

P5WD2-E PREMIUM conflicts with IDE DVD's? timO' Asus 2 04-27-2007 07:48 PM
Slow IDE scan on P5WD2 Bioboffin Asus 12 05-11-2006 08:26 PM
NF7s Northbridge fansink: replace it now or wait? Wblane Abit 2 05-29-2004 10:05 PM
Why wait for IDE bus scan...KNXP? mark7 Gigabyte 3 01-05-2004 06:49 PM
To wait or not to wait....? HistoryFan Gateway 11 08-03-2003 04:58 AM