P6DBE Ver 3.0 No POST

Rowdy

The board will post with a single slot 1 cpu. But it will not POST with
dual socket 370 CPU's? TIA.

Rowdy

Yes it does post with the single slot 1 CPU. It does not post with the two
Pentium III 650's 100Mhz's, matched stepping, using the slockets. These
CPU's work fine in another Dual board, Abit VP6. I suspect it is the
slockets.

These same CPU's and Abit slockets post just fine on other single processing
MBO's using the BX chipset. Does anyone know of brand of slockets that may
have a better chance of working? I am currently using Abits Slotkey III's?

TIA

News==----
> > http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000

Newsgroups
> > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption =---

William Asher

Rowdy wrote:

> The board will post with a single slot 1 cpu. But it will not POST
> with
> dual socket 370 CPU's? TIA.

You mean 370's in slotkets right? If not, maybe they won't run becuase
it's really difficult to bend a 370 cpu to fit into a slot-1 connection.
And once you do, the fan doesn't seat right anymore so maybe yours are
just overheating because you need to add more thermal paste to fill the
cracks between the CPU and the heatsink.

No seriously, did you flash the BIOS to the latest rev level? Did you
read this faq from SM about the DBE/DGE boards and newer P3's?

http://www.supermicro.com/TECHSUPPOR.../Processor.htm

In order to give you any answer at all, you need to provide some more
information. Processor type, board rev level, BIOS revision, etc.

-Bill "square peg in a round hole" Asher

Rowdy

I am current with the bios, I believe it's 2.1. Yes I did rad the FAQ, it
states the board supports only slot 1.

Typically that means it may or may not work, just don't call us if it
doesn't.

This board may end up in the recycle bin.

"William Asher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Rowdy wrote:
>
> > The board will post with a single slot 1 cpu. But it will not POST
> > with
> > dual socket 370 CPU's? TIA.
> >

> You mean 370's in slotkets right? If not, maybe they won't run becuase
> it's really difficult to bend a 370 cpu to fit into a slot-1 connection.
> And once you do, the fan doesn't seat right anymore so maybe yours are
> just overheating because you need to add more thermal paste to fill the
> cracks between the CPU and the heatsink.
>
> No seriously, did you flash the BIOS to the latest rev level? Did you
> read this faq from SM about the DBE/DGE boards and newer P3's?
>
> http://www.supermicro.com/TECHSUPPOR.../Processor.htm
>
> In order to give you any answer at all, you need to provide some more
> information. Processor type, board rev level, BIOS revision, etc.
>
> -Bill "square peg in a round hole" Asher

Michael Squires

In article <3f919392$1_1@127.0.0.1>, Rowdy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I am current with the bios, I believe it's 2.1. Yes I did rad the FAQ, it
>states the board supports only slot 1.

There was an older discussion about slotkets for Supermciro which indicated
that only certain models by certain manufacturers would work. I don't
have the thread on hand, but a Google search will find it.

(I have one of the alleged slotkets around, but it will take some time to
find it, and I've never tried using it - Slot1 CPUs are cheap enough).

Mike Squires
--

Mike Squires (mikes at cs.indiana.edu) 317 233 9456 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at siralan.org 546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408

Rowdy

Thanks Mike, I did find some old stuff on the P6DBE's & slotkets. Looks
like the ticket is an ASUS S370-DL slotket to get the board to post.