P6DGS CPU fan question

William Asher

Hi folks.

I have a P6DGS with the latest BIOS from SM (2.12 I think, it shows up as
R3.1 on the BIOS page). I am trying to get installed and there is one
small problem in that the fan power connector for CPU #2 does not appear
to be supplying any power to the fan. The fan on CPU #1 does run and if
I connect the fan cable for CPU#2 to the fan power connector for CPU #1
the fan on CPU #2 runs perfectly so I do not think there is nothing wrong
with the fan on CPU #2 itself.

The system when it is booting identifies both CPU's correctly so there is
nothing fundamentally wrong with the behavior of the motherboard. The
BIOS menu for peripherals shows the speed for Fan #1 as 4500 RPM (give or
take) but the entries for Fan #2 *and* the thermal control fan are grayed
out. I've looked in the manual and on SM's website but I can't find
anything about turning on support for the second CPU fan. Is there a
BIOS setting somewhere that will turn on the second fan?

Thanks,

-Bill "just trying to keep cool" Asher