Packard Bell IMEDIA 1512

scullred

My Packard bell PC computer is currently taking for ever to open. To
get to the first screen can take upwards of 40 mins. It seems to have
started this problem following an upgrade of AVG virus programme.

I can eventually get a desktop screen but am missing the toolbar
across the bottom of the window. However I am unable to access or copy
files unto a memory stick or CD rom.

Unfortunately I didn't get disks with my computer nor did I make a
copy
of the rescue disks. I know - stupid!!

Would anyone be able to advise whether I can obtain a rescue disk on
the web and download it from another computer unto a CD rom and then
restart my on
PC with such a disk. I have tried to contact Packard bell by phone and
email and no response has been received in over 6 weeks.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Elector

"scullred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My Packard bell PC computer is currently taking for ever to open. To
> get to the first screen can take upwards of 40 mins. It seems to have
> started this problem following an upgrade of AVG virus programme.
>
> I can eventually get a desktop screen but am missing the toolbar
> across the bottom of the window. However I am unable to access or copy
> files unto a memory stick or CD rom.
>
> Unfortunately I didn't get disks with my computer nor did I make a
> copy
> of the rescue disks. I know - stupid!!
>
> Would anyone be able to advise whether I can obtain a rescue disk on
> the web and download it from another computer unto a CD rom and then
> restart my on
> PC with such a disk. I have tried to contact Packard bell by phone and
> email and no response has been received in over 6 weeks.
>
> Your help would be greatly appreciated

Information, such as...?

1- What operating system are you using?

2- Did you try booting into safe mode, and then remove the last update or if
you are using Windows XP do a system restore.

3- When you say 40 minutes for the first screen? Are you talking about from
"boot Up" (First turn on)?

When you purchased your system it either came with Restore Disks/cd's or via
a partition that can restore the system from there. Did you make any other
modifications? If so what did you modify?

Sorry cannot assist but there is not enough information to help.

Elector

metronid

On Oct 9, 8:35 am, "Elector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "scullred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>

> > My Packard bell PC computer is currently taking for ever to open. To
> > get to the first screen can take upwards of 40 mins. It seems to have
> > started this problem following an upgrade of AVG virus programme.

> > I can eventually get a desktop screen but am missing the toolbar
> > across the bottom of the window. However I am unable to access or copy
> > files unto a memory stick or CD rom.

> > Unfortunately I didn't get disks with my computer nor did I make a
> > copy
> > of the rescue disks. I know - stupid!!

> > Would anyone be able to advise whether I can obtain a rescue disk on
> > the web and download it from another computer unto a CD rom and then
> > restart my on
> > PC with such a disk. I have tried to contact Packard bell by phone and
> > email and no response has been received in over 6 weeks.

> > Your help would be greatly appreciated

> Information, such as...?
>
> 1- What operating system are you using?
>
> 2- Did you try booting into safe mode, and then remove the last update or if
> you are using Windows XP do a system restore.
>
> 3- When you say 40 minutes for the first screen? Are you talking about from
> "boot Up" (First turn on)?
>
> When you purchased your system it either came with Restore Disks/cd's or via
> a partition that can restore the system from there. Did you make any other
> modifications? If so what did you modify?
>
> Sorry cannot assist but there is not enough information to help.
>
> Elector- Hide quoted text -

Assuming this is your system.
And you have full ownership rights
Also you are on another system that is operational that allows you to
appear in this group.

The program magic jelly bean with give your authenticity code for
windows.
It is the license for this serial they you are leasing from MR Gates
You can use another persons Install Cd and your license.

It appears that you have windows XP
What is your serial number or part number

Have you tried booting into safe mode and removing AVG
and also doing a system restore to an earlier date.
That will most likely be a cure.

Elector

"metronid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Oct 9, 8:35 am, "Elector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "scullred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>

>> > My Packard bell PC computer is currently taking for ever to open. To
>> > get to the first screen can take upwards of 40 mins. It seems to have
>> > started this problem following an upgrade of AVG virus programme.

>> > I can eventually get a desktop screen but am missing the toolbar
>> > across the bottom of the window. However I am unable to access or copy
>> > files unto a memory stick or CD rom.

>> > Unfortunately I didn't get disks with my computer nor did I make a
>> > copy
>> > of the rescue disks. I know - stupid!!

>> > Would anyone be able to advise whether I can obtain a rescue disk on
>> > the web and download it from another computer unto a CD rom and then
>> > restart my on
>> > PC with such a disk. I have tried to contact Packard bell by phone and
>> > email and no response has been received in over 6 weeks.

>> > Your help would be greatly appreciated

>> Information, such as...?
>>
>> 1- What operating system are you using?
>>
>> 2- Did you try booting into safe mode, and then remove the last update or
>> if
>> you are using Windows XP do a system restore.
>>
>> 3- When you say 40 minutes for the first screen? Are you talking about
>> from
>> "boot Up" (First turn on)?
>>
>> When you purchased your system it either came with Restore Disks/cd's or
>> via
>> a partition that can restore the system from there. Did you make any
>> other
>> modifications? If so what did you modify?
>>
>> Sorry cannot assist but there is not enough information to help.
>>
>> Elector- Hide quoted text -

> Assuming this is your system.
> And you have full ownership rights
> Also you are on another system that is operational that allows you to
> appear in this group.
>
> The program magic jelly bean with give your authenticity code for
> windows.
> It is the license for this serial they you are leasing from MR Gates
> You can use another persons Install Cd and your license.
>
> It appears that you have windows XP
> What is your serial number or part number
>

> Have you tried booting into safe mode and removing AVG
> and also doing a system restore to an earlier date.
> That will most likely be a cure.

Great Minds Think alike..Huh..? Ha ha

Elector

metronid

On Oct 10, 9:01 am, "Elector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "metronid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>

> > On Oct 9, 8:35 am, "Elector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> "scullred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >>news:(E-Mail Removed) groups.com...

> >> Information, such as...?

> >> 1- What operating system are you using?

> >> 2- Did you try booting into safe mode, and then remove the last update or
> >> if
> >> you are using Windows XP do a system restore.

> >> 3- When you say 40 minutes for the first screen? Are you talking about
> >> from
> >> "boot Up" (First turn on)?

> >> When you purchased your system it either came with Restore Disks/cd's or
> >> via
> >> a partition that can restore the system from there. Did you make any
> >> other
> >> modifications? If so what did you modify?

> >> Sorry cannot assist but there is not enough information to help.

> >> Elector- Hide quoted text -

> > Assuming this is your system.
> > And you have full ownership rights
> > Also you are on another system that is operational that allows you to
> > appear in this group.

> > The program magic jelly bean with give your authenticity code for
> > windows.
> > It is the license for this serial they you are leasing from MR Gates
> > You can use another persons Install Cd and your license.

> > It appears that you have windows XP
> > What is your serial number or part number

> > Have you tried booting into safe mode and removing AVG
> > and also doing a system restore to an earlier date.
> > That will most likely be a cure.

> Great Minds Think alike..Huh..? Ha ha
>
> Elector- Hide quoted text -

Great minds are a terrible thing to waste.
This poster will never respond.