Packard Bell riser card on eBay

Robert E. Watts

Hi Gang !

I read recently that someone is *still* looking for a PB riser card. I see
these on eBay from time to time, and will continue posting them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Riser-Board-Rise...QQcmdZViewItem

bob

--
boBWatts®©
EartH

mc

thanks bob, this is the one I need....i'm a bit concerned about using
paypal though after what happened to my friends....
mc
"Robert E. Watts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20523$47ea22e6$4ad76274$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Gang !
>
> I read recently that someone is *still* looking for a PB riser card. I see
> these on eBay from time to time, and will continue posting them.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Riser-Board-Rise...QQcmdZViewItem
>
> bob
>

> --
> boBWatts®©
> EartH
> Watts Carburetion Service
> Whizzbang Computers
> Official collector of: transfat asian plastic junk trinkets !

AWM

thanks philo, I posted a question to see if the seller would accept another
form of payment
mc
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "mc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> thanks bob, this is the one I need....i'm a bit concerned about using
>> paypal though after what happened to my friends....
>> mc
>> "Robert E. Watts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:20523$47ea22e6$4ad76274$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi Gang !
>> >
>> > I read recently that someone is *still* looking for a PB riser card. I

> see
>> > these on eBay from time to time, and will continue posting them.
>> >

> http://cgi.ebay.com/Riser-Board-Rise...QQcmdZViewItem
>> >
>> > bob
>> >

> I've never had a problem with Pay Pal...
> but if the deal does not go through...post back.
>
> If you still need a riser card I can go up in my attic and have a look.
> I may have a few.

Robert E. Watts

Hi mc

"mc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> thanks bob, this is the one I need....

No problem.
I quit posting these, 'cause I thought you already had one.

i'm a bit concerned about using
> paypal though after what happened to my friends....
> mc

Don't know what happened to your friends, but Paypal *is* your safest bet.
And about the only payment method where you can do "something" if anything
goes wrong.

bob

AWM

> Don't know what happened to your friends, but Paypal *is* your safest bet.
> And about the only payment method where you can do "something" if anything
> goes wrong.
>
> bob

thats how I understood it also, but apparently this was an inside ID theft
issue and paypal was not very diplomatic or apologetic and another incident
wiped out a retired neighbors life savings...
mc

Ben Myers

This is true. When you set up a PayPal account, you have to provide bank
account and credit card number information as backup so you can pay something
that is automatically deducted like PayPal's own fees, eBay seller fees, etc.

.... Ben Myers

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:58:56 -0400, "Tom Lake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> HUH?
>>
>> Why would anyone have their entire life savings sitting in their PayPal
>> account?

>You don't have to have the money in your PayPal account for thieves to get
>it.
>
>Your PayPal account also has access to your banking information.
>
>Tom Lake

Ben Myers

However, if some hacker cracked one or more PayPal accounts without help from
the PayPal account holder, PayPal would be on the hook, just like TJ Maxx,
Hanneford Bros, and all the brick and mortar banks who let personal data get
stolen. Methinks that the person who lost his life savings probably "helped"
the thieves by allowing some software to sneak in a grab his personal data from
his own computer. I sure would like to hear more, but from the person who lost
his "life savings". It does no good to repeat unsubstantiated urban myths
without laying out the facts... Ben

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:55:25 -0400, Ben Myers
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>This is true. When you set up a PayPal account, you have to provide bank
>account and credit card number information as backup so you can pay something
>that is automatically deducted like PayPal's own fees, eBay seller fees, etc.
>
>... Ben Myers
>
>On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:58:56 -0400, "Tom Lake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> HUH?
>>>
>>> Why would anyone have their entire life savings sitting in their PayPal
>>> account?

>>You don't have to have the money in your PayPal account for thieves to get
>>it.
>>
>>Your PayPal account also has access to your banking information.
>>
>>Tom Lake

AWM

Stories are true, the one who lost his savings is also on the verge of
losing his home. My other friends are considering a suit so I am not able to
elaborate...
mc

AWM

the seller is not willing to sell by any other payment than paypal...so
I'll sit this one out..
mc

Ben Myers

Maybe. But my point is that PayPal is neither more safe nor less safe than any
other on-line or off-line system for collecting and disbursing money. Not safer
than a credit card. Not less safe either. Bank accounts, accounts with stock
brokers, etc.

If the folks have a legitimate case, a clever but expensive lawyer will be
willing to take on the case, and win it... Ben Myers