Packard Bell Synera

Robert E. Watts

Hi Gang !

Anyone know anything about the Packard Bell "Synera" computers?

I am not familiar with this name, and I rarely see it on the "old style"
cases.

bobwatts

ss454_@hotmail.com

Hi Bob

Yes Bob.... the Synera is the Packard Bell version of the
All-in-One design. . At least that is how I know the design. I have a
Synera 305 and have a Spectria 200 which is based on the same design of
All- in- One. It is kind of neat....VERY HEAVY though. I see
disadvantages to the design in that the internal power supply is
specific to the design and is small and goes to another component which
feeds to the tube. I would imagine once it goes the entire unit is
junk. The same power supply connects to a component power distibution
type exchange panel, which then goes up to the tube and the power
boards near it. I have seen only one besides mine. Unfortunately, in
this day of such convenient, lightweight and poweful computers in
laptop design, the dinosaurs that, it seems, you and I collect are just
that. .........ready to use but mostly as a novelty issue that I think
few appreciate.

Bill

On Jan 26, 10:09 am, "Robert E. Watts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Gang !
>
> Anyone know anything about the Packard Bell "Synera" computers?
>
> I am not familiar with this name, and I rarely see it on the "old style"
> cases.
>
> bobwatts

ss454_@hotmail.com

Hi Bob--

Found this site off the old "Another Packard Bell site from Velix.

Bill

http://j23456.50megs.com/pb/cs14/spectman.asp.htm

On Jan 26, 10:09 am, "Robert E. Watts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Gang !
>
> Anyone know anything about the Packard Bell "Synera" computers?
>
> I am not familiar with this name, and I rarely see it on the "old style"
> cases.
>
> bobwatts

Robert E. Watts

Hi Bill !

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!

Unfortunately, you have brought to my attention a previously unknown (to me)
model of Packard Bell I was unware of. :-)

I may have to add this to my list.

The Synera that I was referring to is a regular looking Packard Bell
mini-tower case. The one with the white upper section, and grey panels on
the bottom ( which I would like to find a color kit for... )

I * thought * that the Synera referred to a factory refurbished Packard Bell
model, that had been built with used parts.

I would post a url here to an article referring to this, but for whatever
reason, my ISP is not allowing links on this newsgroup. I had to recently
inform them that the messages were not even showing up, and after a while,
they fixed it.

I'll post a link, but it won't be "clickable" like this:

..cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/22/prosper.idg

Just put the http : // www in front of that above, and you will go to the
link.

I get the feeling that we have messaged back and forth before. I can't
remember names, but I sure remember that email address. :-)

Thanks !

bob

ss454_@hotmail.com

> Hi Bill !

Hi Bob

> Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!

Any time.....you have made me aware aof a few things as well.

> Unfortunately, you have brought to my attention a previously unknown (to me)
> model of Packard Bell I was unware of. :-)

I only learned of it through Velix's site APBS years ago when I got my
first PB Same rule as below... geocities.com/anotherpackardbellsite/

> I may have to add this to my list.

> The Synera that I was referring to is a regular looking Packard Bell
> mini-tower case. The one with the white upper section, and grey panels on
> the bottom ( which I would like to find a color kit for... )

Good luck finding a kit. I have a few for the 4x4 cases but have never
found any for any other model, yet I have an old advertisement on an
online page somewhere, that states as much.

> I * thought * that the Synera referred to a factory refurbished Packard Bell
> model, that had been built with used parts.

I have heard that too and also always heard it referred to being the
the All in Ones.

> I would post a url here to an article referring to this, but for whatever
> reason, my ISP is not allowing links on this newsgroup. I had to recently
> inform them that the messages were not even showing up, and after a while,
> they fixed it.
>
> I'll post a link, but it won't be "clickable" like this: .cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/22/prosper.idg
> Just put the http : // www in front of that above, and you will go to the
> link.

I did, went to the site I see what you mean. I had seen sites similar,
however they always referred to the All in One design.

> I get the feeling that we have messaged back and forth before. I can't
> remember names, but I sure remember that email address. :-)

Yes we have e-mailed re: the corner computer model.

> Thanks !
>
> bob

Bill

Synera Robert E. Watts Packard Bell 1 10-17-2008 10:16 PM
PAckard Bell PC not POSTing Son Of LaL Gigabyte 1 11-21-2005 09:34 PM
Membership in Official Packard Bell Yahoo Groups Elector Packard Bell 4 07-28-2003 11:09 PM
Packard Bell Multimedia 830 Taylor7641 Packard Bell 0 07-16-2003 08:49 AM
Packard Bell Recovery Floppy stuart Packard Bell 3 07-14-2003 07:24 PM