mm

Hi, I'm trying to fix a friend HP Mini 1000. 1030R specifically.

I know this is not a hardware question, but yours is the only HP ng I
have on my server, and I hope you can help me.

What is the password that comes with an HP Mini?

She has a virus.

Up until today if while it was booting I pressed F9, I could change
the boot order and F10 I would go into the BIOS.

F9 works, but not F10 now. Maybe the virus is even attacking F10?

While I'm clicking F10, it goes into a screen about American
Megatrends, and says if I saw it correctly, F11 to get a BBS and F12
to boot from the network. She has no network to boot fromm.

Then it goes to a black screen that asks:

What is your CURRENT password. She gave me all her paperwork that
came with the computer about a year or two ago, but I can't see
anything that's a password. I'm sure she knows nothing about this
and has never changed it.

I've tried just pressing Enter, and that didn't work.

Any ideas?

I want to semi-permanently change the boot order so that I can run
antivirus CD's through the USB port, and eventually I may well have to
install the Recovery Partition, through the USB port.

Thanks for any help you can give me.